01 : DRIVER'S LICENSE

하나

01
DRIVER'S LICENSE

“cause you said forever, now i drive alone past your street

“cause you said forever, now i drive alone past your street.”

━━━━━━

10:43 pm
february 20, 2020

+

"the mysterious disappearance, and what is now widely presumed death, of an eighteen year old high schooler by the name of park jimin has been a mystery in the making. today, we uncover the life story of the—"

yuri switched off the television, closing her eyes with a sigh. it seemed as if that's all they could ever talk about these days. the death of park jimin.

the death of her ex boyfriend.

as if getting sympathetic looks in the school hallways by random strangers wasn't enough, she had now become a common figure for the local media to raise questions upon.

"sweetheart, dinner's ready." her mother called out from the kitchen and that's when the dark haired female realised that she had been sitting idle on the living room couch for the past two hours, scanning through local news channels.

"i'm not hungry, i'm going out mom." yuri mumbled, getting up from the couch and reaching out for her car keys from the shelf nearby.

"yuri, have you looked at yourself in the mirror? you look like you haven't had a proper meal in days, you might as well be dead." her father intervened, stepping into the living room, a stern expression displayed across his features.

yuri internally cringed at his choice of words. it was as if after the incident involving her ex, she had finally opened her eyes to how lightly people threw that term around. dead. the poor girl felt sick to her stomach everytime she heard even a slight mention of the word.

gritting her teeth, and not in the mood to have another argument with her parents, the young female strided out with her car keys, slamming the front door on her way out.

this was yet another thing. arguments. arguments with her parents — they had become typical sight in the house ever since the past few days. shouting till her throat felt scarred, tossing and throwing things at the wall, sobbing her heart out into her pillow till her weak body passed out from exhaustion every night.

she didn't know when exactly had she become this moody. it was as if the young woman was trying to find every outlet possible to let out her unreasonable pent up anger on the blond male who left her alone to face the consequences of his actions.

the ravenette slowly pulled her car out of the driveway, mind wandering away, as the never-ending stream of thoughts seemed to eat her alive. with no final destination in mind, yuri drove through the unexpectedly crowded roads of the city on the dark thursday night.