It reminded me of you.

Link Neal woke up with excitement. 

It was his first day at work after the holidays. He could not wait to meet his best friend and catch up on their vacation stories on the episode of Ear Biscuits which they were supposed to record that day.

On his way to work, Link blasted his favourite playlist and drummed his fingertips on the steering wheel as he waited in the red light. He was genuinely looking forward to this day. Even though he will never say it directly, he missed Rhett a lot.

As he made his way to the parking lot, he could see that Rhett was already there. 

He wished some of the crew members good morning and went to the office which he shared with Rhett. Rhett was sitting at his desk with his eyes glued to his laptop. 

"Morning, Rhett", Link wished.

"Morning", the taller man replied.

"So, what do we have today?", Link asked as he placed his bag on his desk which was directly behind Rhett's.

Rhett turned to face Link and said, "Well, first we have a meeting with the writers in about 10 minutes. Then post-lunch, we have a call with the sponsors."

"Uh huh", Link responded while setting up his workspace. 

Link took out his laptop from his bag and meticulously placed it on the table while carefully disposing his bag off to the sides. He took out a wet wipe and started cleaning his desk which had accumulated some dust over the weeks. Finally, he made sure all his knick-knacks and personal items were in their correct places.

That is when he noticed a tiny box right next to his family picture frame. It was not wrapped or anything but it looked like a present.

"What's this?", he picked it up and turned towards Rhett.

"Open it", Rhett replied with a smile. It was clear who was behind the surprise gift.

"Wh-what? We bring gifts for each other now?", Link said in a surprised voice. 

Link opened the box. There was a tiny wooden miniature horse figurine. It was Link's favourite animal.

"I found that while I was on vacation. It just-" , Rhett said "It reminded me of you."

Link's eyes glistened in a child-like wonder. "Thanks, Rhett. I think it's pretty cool". 

It wasn't much it was the thought associated with it that made it so special to Link.

"Well, it's time for the meeting", Rhett said as he quickly gathered up his jacket and laptop. 

"Yeah, I'll be there", Link said. He gingerly placed the tiny figurine next to all his priced possessions on his desk. 

He took one long look at it. Happy with the placement, he grabbed his laptop and made his way out of the office.