3. New Beginnings

Eliza's apartment above

Today is my first day in the office I wore a white shirt and black pant tried to be as formal as I can. I hailed a cab.

Reaching there I saw building of almost 30 floors the name Red Square Constructions was labelled above the building. I took small steps in my heels walking through tiled floors of my new office.

I reached the Reception area. The receptionist, her tag read as Mindy asked, "Ma'am your name and your purpose please"
I replied,"Eliza Mathews new accountant. I have to meet HR head. Please guide me the floor."
"Sure ma'am," she replied "please take the first elevator and press 24th floor second door on your left will be the HR head cabin" "Thank you" .

I went to the elevators and pressed 24th floor I knocked on the second door on my left glancing at the corridor the floor held silence and peace. I heard a small come in from inside the door.

"Hi, how may I help you" HR head Mr. Evan George asked me.
"Sir, myself Eliza mathews appointed as the new accountant and I was asked to join office today and to meet you." I replied

"Oh yes, Ms. Mathews you will be working under Mr. Joel Zachary. My assistant will escort you down to 13th floor where your cabin is prepared for you. Today you can settle your things in the cabin and study the method and rules of the Red Square. Please try to a void absenteeism and tardiness. If you have any other queries or complaints do come to me or communicate through my assistant."
"Thank you so much sir", I replied. "Ms. Menon please show miss Mathews Her cabin on the 13th floor."
"Sure sir" she replied.
We both walked outside doors.

"Hi I am Nithya Menon. Today is the first day so it will be hard for a week then you will be adjusted in the environment, if you have any problem please do contact me. We can meet during lunch, I will introduce you to other staff."
"Oh Thanks a lot, I am Eliza."

Hearing my short response. She replied, "You are not among the talkative ones I see, it's ok we will change it in one month. So this is your cabin all the files are kept already on the shelf. If you want to contact me please press 5 on the landline, rest all emergency contacts is on your table. Laptop passwords everything is already in the files please do read and go through all the files and contacts and before lunch do meet Mr.Zachary head of accounts department. He can be little rude, don't take him to heart rest assured everything will be alright." She said.
I gave her a small smile and said thank you. She grinned and left me.

I walked in my cabin and did try to memorize important contacts and now I have to meet Mr. Zachary.

His office is in same floor as mine. I knocked on the door and was asked to come in.
"Yes?" He questioned me raising eyebrow. Damn!
The guy was in his mid thirties but quite handsome.

"Sir, I am Eliza Mathews joined today as an accountant under you sir."

"Oh! so You are the new Employee. Ms. Mathews your official work will start from tomorrow onwards. I expect you to be diligent, responsible and professional. I want accuracy and updated files always. Follow all the methods and rules of RS. Looking forward to work with you." Mr. Zachary said.

"Sure Mr. Zachary. Thank you very much."

It was lunch time.
Nithya met me in Cafeteria she was sitting among 4 other people.

"Hey Eliza, come join us here." She called me.oh no! I didn't want to join them but I had to.
"Eliza, this is Linda, Romano, John and Mia and guys she is our new accountant Eliza." Nithya introduced.

I said, "Hey everyone."
They replied Hi.

Romano said, "Hi belle. Nice to meet you." He had an Italian accent. Wow!
(Beautiful)

"Italian?" I questioned.
"Yeah! Romano Valentino belle." He replied. "Cool" I said.

Mia asked, "So where are you from?"
"India" I replied .
"OMG! don't tell me you are from Kerala!" Nithya said.
"Yeah, I am! But I was born and brought up in Mumbai." I said.

"Wow! Beautiful and peaceful state huh!"John said.
"Yeah the best!"(Note my sarcasm).
But I don't think they got that.

"So belle where are you staying?" Romano asked
"Smile apartments. 30 mins from here. I'm sharing an apartment with another girl." I replied.
"Oohh nice." Mia said.

"Are you single?"Romano asked
"Huh! No.. Why?" I replied.
Others scoffed.

"Thank God!" Romano mumbled
I smiled and replied, "I love my single life. Not interested for any relationships. Sorry!!"
"We will see" he said.

Lunch was over. I came back to my cabin and went through all the rules and regulations of Red Square Company (RS).

It's 4 pm and my job today is over. I met Romano in the elevator.
"Hey Liz." He called.
"Hi," I replied

Romano said,
"So babe, I think there is something wrong with my mobile. Cause it doesn't have your phone number!"

"Huh?! Okay !!!!! Take ********** this is my number. And please don't use the pick up line next time." I laughed.

Romano said , "I hope you know CPR, because you take my breath away."

I replied, "I don't. But I know karate and I could rip your lungs out."

"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"

"If I said I wanted to check out your ass, would you turn around and walk away?"I replied

"You know, you look a lot like my next girlfriend."He said. This guy!!

"And you look exactly like the guy I turned down two seconds from now."

"Is it hot in here, or is it just you?"

He is crazy!! Oh my god!!!

"Actually, it's you. Because you just crashed and burned." Mia said.
We reached the gates now and I saw everyone were laughing!!

I was also smiling. A genuine one after long time. What a first day!!

Romano didn't even look embarrassed. Damn! He is hilarious. He just had a cheeky smile.

I was waiting for my cab. Romano was also there with me.

He started again, "Do you like raisins? How do you feel about a date? It's okay babe! don't reply now I will wait for your reply till tomorrow. Bye!! "

I laughed and said bye..

When I reached my flat. I was exhausted. I ate the pizza which I guess Eve got and texted my family.
After such a long time I had a damn smile on my face when I slept.

Authors Note : Thank you for reading

Authors Note :
Thank you for reading. Please do vote, comment and share.