james potter | courage

requested by @draco_lovereste— i added a little ? twist ? to your request but besides that it's the same

— i added a little ? twist ? to your request but besides that it's the same

"You need to grow up and ask her-"

"You know I can't do that-"

"Yes you can, you twat!-"

"She's going to say no!"

"I know my sister better than you!-"

"No you don't-"

"Yes I do, James you blithering idiot-"

"Hey!"

"What are you doing?"

James and Lily's heads snapped up at the sound of your voice and they jumped away from eachother. You watched the two with furrowed eyebrows.

Affer being pinched by Lily, James put his usual smirk on. "Oh you know, just coming here to see-" he gestured to Lily. "Evans."

He sent you an awkward smile as you looked towards Lily who seemed to be mentally slapping James. "Uh- go out with me Lilypad!"

Lily almost slapped James for over exaggerating. "Ugh- no you uhm, idiot toerag." she rushed out before gathering her things and pushing you slightly towards James, before running out of the library.

"What did you do to my sister, Potter?" you joked as you sat down next to him. James rubbed his neck in slight embarrassment.

"Me? I didn't do anything." he dismissed you.

You raised your eyebrow and hummed before you pulled out your books out of your bag. "You know, if you want my sister to like you, you need to be nicer and stop bugging her around."

James pursed his lips. "Are you and Lily alike? In this aspect I mean."

You looked at him confused. "Uhm, yeah I guess. Why?"

James turned pink from embarrassment. "No-no reason. Just uhm... for a friend."

You sighed. "Right."

James opened his mouth wanting to say something else but then caught sight of Sirius at the entrance, motioning for him to hurry up. "I have to go." he rushed out and sent you an apologetic smile. "Bye Y/N." he added as he kissed your head and ran off before he could regret it.

He took one more glance at you and his face fell when he saw your grin directed to Amos Diggory who sat in front of you.

"It's useless."

Lily rolled her eyes for the hundreth time as she looked towards James who was sprawled on the couch in the Gryffindor common room.

"Your brain is useless." she retorted as she flipped a page in her book.

"Hey." James protested as he threw a pillow at her and completely missed.