The Plague

~~~Hello babes. This chapter, Scarlett gets caught in a terrible situation and it may be triggering to some people, so please do not read if you don't feel comfortable. It is totally okay and it's a safe place.~~~

Scarlett turned around to see the whole group. She sighed in relief because they were okay. Arthur and John helped the two over to the group. Scarlett examined all of the Shelby's and her brother to make sure no one was dying and then she turned to look around at all of the injured people and started to walk towards them until Tommy pulled at her.
           "What are you doing?" He said out of breath.
           "These people need help." She said as she walked away and started to examine people.
She helped as many people as she could as fast as she could. She was tearing off pieces of people's jackets and tying them around their wounds to stop the bleeding. She kneeled down to a familiar man and realized it was Lane. He was bad off. She couldn't tell where the injuries started and stopped. Liam looked at her.
            "If anyone can fix him, it's you." He said.
She nodded and started on him. Tommy and the whole family watched her.
            "Put pressure right here. It'll stop the bleeding." She yelled.
Scarlett took off her belt and tied it around his arm to hopefully stop this huge gash from bleeding. Eventually the ambulances came and so did the doctors. Liam and Scarlett helped load Lane up.
            "Just like the war. You saving everyone's ass." Liam said as he jumped in the back.
She turned around to see the whole group staring at her. Tommy had blood running down his face and he started to look weak.
            "Come on. I need to stitch this up." She said as she grabbed his face.
             "Says the girl with a shard of glass in her thigh." He smirked.
She looked down remembering it was there. The whole group walked into the office and the girls started to stitch the men up. Scarlett was sitting in front of Tommy stitching his forehead.
             "Nothing could ruin the moment, aye?" He joked.
             "Tommy." She laughed as she shook her head.
Scarlett finished with his stitches and then stood up to see who was next, but Polly forced her to sit back down.
             "Your adrenaline has saved you from the pain, so take a sip." Polly said as she handed Scarlett a bottle of whiskey.
She pulled the glass out and ripped Scarlett's pants leg so it was more open and then she added pressure. Eventually Poll got it cleaned and sewed up. She took a white bandage and wrapped it around the wound. Scarlett had her hand on the back of Tommy's head and he was running his thumb over her thigh that wasn't injured.
             "Is everyone okay?" Scarlett asked.
             "Just cuts and bruises. We're lucky none of us died." John said.
Scarlett nodded and then Ada walked over with Wesley to her and Tommy.
             "Your brother saved my life. He bloody shielded me from the grenade!" She said.
Scarlett gave a small smile.
"Yours did the same."
Ada and Wes sat down beside Tommy and Scarlett as they started to talk.
"So who did this?" Esme asked.
"Changretta's?" John questioned.
Wesley say up in his chair and gave Scarlett a wild look.
"As in the Changretta's from home that killed our grandfather?" He asked her.
"And Hunter, and uncle Vinny." She nodded.
Wesley had this broken look on his face as he looked away. Ada grabbed his hand.
"I can see why they would do it, but a grenade isn't their style. Then send black hands in the mail to let you know you're on their kill list just like we mark people. A grenade is too easy and too fast." Scarlett added.
"Well we only know of one Changretta that is here, so maybe that was an easier option for him." Polly said.
Scarlett stood up and limped to the middle of the room. She walked forward as she demonstrated.
"Two grenades came through the front, one came from the side and two rolled in from the back..so he has help....but I promise you this isn't the work of his brother Luca and the rest of their family. At least not yet."
              "Why do you say that?" Ada asked.
              "You would know if Luca was coming....but there's no way this was meant to kill us. Notice where we were and where they were thrown? It's supposed to scare us, but I don't know why. I lost my temper with him, but I never marked him." She shook her head.
              "It has to be some type of warning." Wesley said.
              "Does he know anything about you guys? The peaky blinders?" Scarlett questioned.
              "Just depends on what Lizzie has said to him." Tommy said.
              "It makes sense now. He wants Lizzie...I threatened him in front of her. He's always had the ego of that family, but could never follow through with what they do, which explains why he used grenades and not bullets. He starts it and leaves it for Luca to finish. Angel is bad, but no where near as cruel as Luca." Scarlett said as she sat down again.
              "So what are you saying?" Polly asked.
Scarlett was about to respond, but was cut off by Arthur busting through the door.
             "We lost one of ours." He said out of breath.
             "Who?" Tommy asked.
Arthur looked up at Scarlett.
             "Who the fuck is it, Arthur?" Polly asked.
             "Lane. Lane didn't make it."
Scarlett was in shock. Tommy put his hand on her back to let her know he was there.
"I'm sorry I thought you just said Lane didn't make it." She said to Arthur.
"The doctor said he succumbed to his wounds." He said as he held his hat.
She nodded and blinked slowly.
             "Okay." She said with no emotion as she stood up.
             "Okay." She nodded.
She started to walk out.
             "Where are you going?" Tommy asked.
             "To get some air." She said as she made her way out the door.
___________________________________
Everyone looked around at each other in complete silence.
             "Wesley what were you saying about your father teaching Scarlett how to turn it off??" Tommy asked quietly.
             "Ever since we were little he taught her how to not feel anything. To push everything down and "flip a switch" to turn off her emotions. He called her his ruthless soldier. My mom told me that when she was born she didn't cry. She came out silent like she was mad that she was born. She told me Scarlett was just like my father and couldn't be saved, which is why she took me."
Everyone was silent as they stared at him.
               "Her eyes glaze over and you stand there looking at someone who looks like her, but isn't as she stares right through you. She was good at this when we were kids...I...I can't imagine how it is now. Especially after learning about the war and Hunter." He added.
               "How do you pull her out of it?" Ada asked.
               "My dad used to be the only person that could."
                "Shit." John mumbled.
Everyone stared at Tommy as he stood up.
                "I'm going to find her." He said as he walked out.
___________________________________
Scarlett was walking as she felt hands grab her shoulders and throw her against the wall. She turned around to see Liam holding a bottle of whiskey. He pointed at her.
                "You killed him. It's your fault. If it wasn't for you he would still be alive!" He screamed.
               "My fucking brother. My fucking brother is dead because of you." He said as he threw the bottle of whiskey at her head, but she ducked just in time.
               "Liam." She started.
He slammed her head into the wall and then pushed her up against it by her throat.
               "Everyone around you dies. You're like the fucking plague." He yelled in her face.
He had tears streaming down his face. He pulled away and turned around with his hands on his head. He then pulled out his gun and pointed it at his head and turned back to Scarlett.
               "Liam no." She yelled.
He was shaking as the gun stayed pointed at his head.
               "I have no one. My brother is dead. He left me.....he fucking left me." He whispered.
               "It's not your fault, okay? Liam—"
               "You're right. It's not mine....it's yours." He said as he pointed the gun at her head.
He pressed the gun to her forehead.
               "Let it fly, Liam. Pull it." She said with her jaw clenched.
He pushed the gun harder into her forehead.
               "If I'm the plague...execute me. Send me to hell. Pull the fucking trigger." She yelled.
He hit her over the face with the gun and then pointed it back at her as his hand shook. She quickly pulled the gun out of his uneasy hand and then pointed at him. She shook her head and let the bullets drop out of it onto the ground. He grabbed her bleeding face and stared at her.
              "You're so fucking lucky. You always survive. You always come out alive." He yelled.
She took the empty gun in her hand and pistol whipped him with it. He stepped back and gave a wicked smirk.
               "Ahh there she is....I always thought you were so hot when you were mad."
He grabbed her and turned her around and pushed her against the wall again. He pushed the front of his body against the back of hers.
               "Stop Liam. This isn't you." She yelled.
She struggled and tried to break free, but he just pushed her face into the brick wall.
               "I heard you were a good fuck. I always thought I would eventually find out."
He groped her breast and then started to pull at the waistband of her pants.
               "Not so badass now are you?" He yelled.
Scarlett was struggling and trying her hardest. He hand his hand on the waistband of her pants and was about to pull until she heard a gun shot and felt his hands fall off of her. She slowly turned around to see Tommy standing with his gun. He immediately walked over and pulled her into a hug. She stood there in his arms and just stared at Liam with a bullet hole in his head.