Chapter 21 - "Best present ever."

"Liam?" A tear fell down my cheek as my voice broke. "You're back." I smiled up as his hand cupped my cheek.

"I couldn't leave you. Not like that." he shook his head and dipped his head down, kissing my lips lightly, then tracing his thumb along my bottom lip.

"Liam," I started.

"Yeah?" he pulled me in close his arms holding my back tight.

"Where are we?" I looked around and saw nothing. Just a big, white, empty space, in which our voices echoed. But it sounded like they were only echoing inside my head. "Liam, where are we?" I repeated as his arms loosened on my waist. He started to back away, but his legs weren't moving. It was like he was being dragged away by an invisible force. "Liam? Don't leave me again." I pleaded. "Liam!"

"Niall!" I heard one last whimper of his voice before a loud crack whipped through the air, the light turning to darkness.

I sat bolt up right, sweat running down my face and tears in my eyes. I covered my mouth with my hand to realise I was actually still screaming. I stopped myself and pulled the covers up to my damp face, whimpering into them. Where was he when I needed him?

"Niall?" my mother's voice came into the room. I closed my eyes and hoped she would go away. "Don't pretend you're asleep, I heard you scream."

"It was just a bad dream, I'm fine." I rolled over, not looking at her. "Let me sleep, it's only 5:30." I shook my head.

"You can never be too early." she sat down on the bed. "What was the dream?"

"Mum, go away. Please." I curled up into a ball, pulling my legs up to my chest defensively.

"Niall, talk to me honey--"

"You did this! Go away!" I almost shouted.

"Fine." she nodded and stopped at the door, her hand wrapped around the handle. "You remind me of your father lately. Keep that in mind." and she left. I sat up and wiped my eyes. I wouldn't be compared to that monster. I got out of my bed and reached for my phone, dialling Liam's number again.

I heard Liam's voice and prepared to leave another voicemail. But this time, it wasn't recorded. It was low, tired and confused. It was actually him.

"Liam!" I cried with joy at the sound.

"Niall?" he sounded confused but happy. "What's up?"

"Why haven't you been answering, where are you?" I smiled.

"I.. I just got back from my gran's house. I left my phone here with Zayn by accident. I told him to tell you where I'd gone... He didn't say?" he sounded sad, and all the pieces fell into place.

"It's Zayn, of course he didn't." I sighed. "Liam, I need to see you, I miss you, I can't go another day without you." I pleaded.

"I thought you broke up with me.." he sounded weak.

"I'm sorry, I was confused, I didn't know what I was doing. Please, Liam. When can I see you?" I asked. As I finished my sentence I heard him laugh.

"Look out your window." then he hung up. As I turned around, I saw Liam sitting on my outer window sill, his steamy breath fogging up the glass and the sun rising behind him. My eyes widened as his tired eyes met them and I gulped with excitement. Honestly, just over a week without him and it was like I had withdrawal symptoms. I ran to the window and pushed it up. As he tried to climb in, I grabbed his neck and pulled him into a firm kiss. It sent shock waves through my body. I pulled away and murmured "I'm so sorry," before pulling him back in again. I felt him smile as he climbed in the window, his lips not leaving mine. 

As I looked up, he was holding a small handful of mistletoe. 

"Shit, I forgot it's Christmas in a couple of days.. I was too focused on other things." I rolled a hand down the back of my neck.

"You're supposed to kiss me now." he waved the mistletoe in my face, tickling my nose.

"I just did." I winked with a laugh. He sighed and lowered the mistletoe slowly. "I still haven't been shopping for anyone." I frowned.

"Neither have I..." Liam looked down. "It doesn't matter, you're all I need." he took my hand and smiled.

"Does this mean you're my Christmas present?" I smirked and he nodded with a shrug. "Best present ever." I laughed and grabbed the mistletoe, hovering it above our heads before he leaned in and connected our lips once more. 

*MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS!*