Chapter 23 - "Too fast?" "Nope."

Liam ushered another cab soon after it had ended and we both hopped in, getting comfortable in the back seats. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep onto his shoulder. By the time I woke up we were nearly home. As I looked up he smiled and started placing light kisses on my forehead, and making his way down my face until he got to my lips. I returned the kisses as his hands cupped my cheeks, closing any space between our bodies. 

Even though I had kissed Liam plenty of times before, this time it felt different. I felt closer to Liam than ever and it was great. But not only did I feel closer, I felt certain that I was actually in love with him. 

When we got back to Liam's house, it was in darkness. 

"Zayn is at his girlfriend's and his mum has gone with my dad to Paris for new years." he stated as he opened the door. My eyebrows raised at what he might have been implying. 

"And?" I winked.

"Well, you know..." he looked down onto the carpet as he stepped in. "It's new years and.." he took my hand

"Aaaaaand?" I repeated with a small laugh.

"And I--" he began but stopped, pushing himself against my chest, kissing my lips. I smiled against his mouth as I kissed him back, his arms travelling around my waist as he pushed me against the wall. His tongue flicked across my bottom lip and I granted him entry, transitioning into a french kiss slowly. His hands rolled up my chest and unbuttoned the top button of my polo. I pulled away and looked at him with wide eyes.

"You okay? Too fast?" he put his hands back down on my waist. I shook my head.

"Nope." I laughed and pulled him closer again, kissing him once more. I slid my hands up the front of his shirt, tracing my fingers over the muscles on his stomach. He unbuttoned the second button of my collar and began to kiss down my neck slowly. I tangled my fingers in his hair, tugging on it lightly as he sucked on my neck, leaving a love bite. 

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!" Suddenly all the lights flickered on and two boys bounced out of the living room and Liam suddenly pulled back, jumping as he did so. "Whoops. Are we interrupting?" Harry laughed while Nathan covered his eyes innocently. 

"I didn't see anything! I didn't!" He turned around and faced the wall behind him as he shouted.

"How the hell did you get in here?" Liam chuckled, pulling his shirt back down from just above his navel. 

"If we know someone, we can usually figure out where they hide a spare key." Harry shrugged.

"He's right. I never told them where I hid mine, they just always... knew." I laughed. Nathan turned round and lowered his hands with a smile.

"Happy new year, guys." Nathan walked over and hugged me, patting my back. To my surprise, he then hugged Liam. At first it looked awkward. Until Nathan pulled Liam in like a brother would and hugged him tightly. Liam smiled and sighed with relief as Nathan let go. 

"Happy new year." I nodded with a smile. I gave Harry a hug as Nathan gave Liam back the spare key. 

"How was London?" Harry asked as he flicked his curls forward then pushed them back off his face. 

"Amazing... Wait how did you know we were going?"

"You were on TV." Nathan laughed. "You were great Niall." 

"Shit, that was being recorded?" I ran a hand through my hair.

"Yep." Harry nodded.

"And it was brilliant." Liam slung his arm over my shoulder. I could feel my cheeks growing red.

"Anyway, we came over here to spend new years with you guys then we realised you weren't in. We got the spare key and came in to wait, turned on the TV... Then we saw you were there. But then we kinda fell asleep." Nathan explained why they were still here. "We only woke up when we heard you guys out here doing.. Stuff, I don't know." 

"You could have gone out to a party or something." Liam ignored the last thing he'd said.

"It's okay, we had our own party here." Harry smirked, looking at the floor and nudging Nathan.

"GUYS. NO. EW." I cringed at the thought of my best friends doing... that. 

"Kidding, he's kidding!" Nathan burst out laughing loudly.

"Oh my god. You are gross gross people." I smiled at them shaking my head.

"So uh, we'll leave you guys to do whatever you were gonna do..." Harry looped his arm through Nathan's and they headed to the door.

"See you guys later, have fun." Nathan winked at me as my cheeks flared red. Once the door was closed, we stood in the hallway in silence for a few moments. Liam looked over to me, a few feet away. His brown eyes were staring straight into mine and his lips were curving into a smile. Without even thinking, I stepped forward and wrapped my arms round his neck, kissing him roughly. I felt his shoulders relax under my arms as he kissed me back, undoing the final button on my shirt before pulling it over my head. He held his arms up as I pulled his off too, throwing it on the floor behind me. He gripped my arm and started moving up the stairs with me. He pushed me against his bedroom door and kissed my forehead as he opened it slowly, we wandered in and shut the door behind us. 

The rest, I'll leave up to your imaginations.