Chapter 1: First Impressions

April 5,
Monday on a small island on the east of Japan, Yamushō Island was a simple island with few activities to be done. It had a small town, filled with kids playing on the streets. Markets nearly cropped everywhere. Today was the first day of High School at Yoshō Academy.

A girl with her hair colored like roses and dark brown eyes was preparing for school. This girl is Konoha, Miyu. She's an average student, never much spending time building up friendships, and is too focused on her studies. She also spends time helping her father in his fish market by the docks from time to time.

As the day begins, Miyu heads off to school, wearing her red-framed glasses, with the standing out red uniform of Yoshō Academy. She always takes a bike to go up the school as it was by the very west of the island. Students always gather up around Yoshō Academy, as the front gate was filled with students entering the school. Idle chatter being exchanged by students as Miyu stood out on being alone amongst the crowd of students.

It wasn't long until what seemed to be a boy with silver hair ran by, Miyu was confused. It wasn't only until she heard yelling from behind as she learned of what was happening. "Yuki-san! Yuki-kun! Yuki-senpai!" Swarms of female students were chasing this silver-haired boy.

That boy's name is Tomoto, Yuki. He was always viewed as this perfect flawless person by everyone. Girls always surrounded him and guys always had high respect for him. He has always shown perfect feats in front of everyone.

"Hey! Miyu!" A voice called out for Miyu as she turns around to see a girl with brown hair with green eyes. This was Yamoto, Misa: a girl who always tries to befriend Miyu since elementary.

"I thought we agreed to go to school at the same time!" Misa said. "I don't remember making that kind of promise," Miyu responded. "You're too cold!" Misa said. "You need to try making friends, Miyu-chan! It's not fun to be alone!" "My studies are more important for me to have a stable job in the future," Miyu replied as Misa simply sighed.

It didn't take long for the school bell to ring, notifying the students of their first-class periods. "I gotta get going! See you around the school, Miyu-chan!" Misa yelled out to Miyu as she ran into the school as Miyu proceeded to walk to Class 1-A, her assigned classroom.

Miyu would take a seat at the left corner window as the blooming cherry blossom trees were in clear view. It was also the same time as Yuki came into the classroom, having a crowd of girls around him, as Miyu looked away in the discussion.

Yuki noticed how Miyu doesn't seem to be a fan of what was happening as he sat beside her. "That's strange. Usually, girls start freaking out when I sit beside them," Yuki said. "I'd rather not be bothered with idle chit chat about romance," Miyu replied as Yuki raised an eyebrow.

Eventually, a teacher comes into the classroom. "C'mon! Go to your classes!" The teacher told to the female students that were too busy admiring Yuki as the girls would leave the classroom. "I'm surprised you have that kind of reputation already in this school, Yuki-kun! Anyway, my name is Mr. Kosonu, Yato. I will be your homeroom teacher!" Yato yelled in excitement, trying to hook the class up, but the entire class was silent.

Yato cleared his throat, as he gets his attendance book, calling out students' names to ensure that they were in class. "So, what makes you different from the other girls?" Yuki asked Miyu. "Unlike them, I'm busier on focusing my studies than falling head over heels for someone like you." Miyu gave her typical cold response that caused Yuki to chuckled that gave Miyu confusion as she only shrugged it off.

And so classes go on as usual to Lunch Period, as Miyu more preferred to go to the rooftop so she could eat alone. Though, it didn't last long as squealing could be heard not far from her as she looks out to see Yuki being chased by more girls as Miyu decided to look for Misa to sit by.

"What brought you here, Miyu-chan?" Misa asked. "So I can get away from Mr. Popular's shenanigans," Miyu replied. "You're kinda strange you know? Don't you want to get along with others?" "I already told you my answer to that question," Miyu told Misa as she decided to stop asking questions anymore.

And so, the school day passes, as Miyu heads south to help her father's fish market. "Miyu! Over here! How was school? Did any boys fall for my beautiful daughter?" Her father said teasingly. "No, nothing happened dad," Miyu replied, as her father chuckled. Their day goes on normally, selling fish to consumers. Until a familiar silver-haired boy goes to the market. "Your fish always looks great, Konoha-san," Yuki said, the same popular boy of the school as Miyu stared in confusion as Yuki noticed her. "Oh, I didn't know you work here Miyu-chan." "Who told you my name?" "Your friend Misa did." Miyu felt like she was in an awkward position as her father was between them confused. "Anyways, what can I get you, son?" "I'll have the salmon," Yuki ordered as he eventually waved at Miyu before leaving.

"So, seems like you know one of our regulars. You two in a relationship?" "Dad, it's not like that..." Her father chuckled as the day goes further on.

And, as time goes on, it was now evening, Yuki entering a high-class apartment and Miyu going into an average home.

"That girl..."

"That boy..."

"She's an interesting person."

"Is just so annoying..."

And so, the evening goes on to a peaceful and quiet night, with more in store for both of them...

============Chapter End============