Prologue

Defilia, the capital of the kingdom of Magnia. The streets are busy with merchants selling salt and spices to the commoners of the city. Jesters and street performers are holding shows for children to see and to entertain even the adults. A young woman with dark skin and short black hair has just bought a new sword from a popular weapon's smith.
"Are you sure you want that and not this beautiful necklace? You seem to be of noble status if I were to judge you on your clothing. A fair noblewoman such as yourself has no need for the blade," said the merchant.
"I may be a noble, but it's only due to my status as a knight. I am Lady Anna of the house of Simmons. I am a fourth generation knight in my family," said the young knight with pride in her chest. The merchant seemed shocked that a woman with such beauty could be a warrior that risks her life for Magnia on a daily basis.

Anna simply parted her hair from her face as she smiled at the surprised merchant. She turns around and walks off only to bump into a young man. He isn't the tallest as he is only barely able to look Anna in her eyes, he has a lean build with pale skin and is quite timid. The boy apologized to her and bows down upon seeing her sword and shield tattoo on her neck, recognizing her as a member of the 12 Holy Pillars. She simply smiled at the timid boy as she asked for his name.
"M-m-my name is S-Sebastian O'brien my lady," answered the boy. It is revealed that he is only seventeen years of age and is on his way to buy new farming tools for him and his father. Sebastian apologized once more before he runs off to the center of the town. Anna has a gentle smile covering her face as she watches the enthusiastic boy run off to go help his father. She snaps her fingers and his body begins to glow. He gets taken aback by the current event but soon realizes that Anna casted a spell on him to make him run faster. Sebastian smiles out of excitement and runs off even faster than ever before.

Welcome to the kingdom of Magnia. In this kingdom people are born with locked magic energy in their bodies known as mana. Once a person has decided to leave their life behind and follow the path of magic, an elder mage must unlock their mana and the person then becomes a mage themselves. This is the story of a young boy of only seventeen years old discovering his new path in life, but at a grave cost.