Chapter 12

Karan was just staring at her hand..wondering.

He was about to ask her about the ring but a voice in the back of his mind said "Don't ask her..figure it out yourself". So he stopped.

He didn't knew why he behaved like this. Why his own self wanted him to figure out such a small matter on his own.

But he listened to his heart because he didn't wanted to repeat the mistake he made by not listening to his heart and misunderstanding preeta.

There was pin drop silence in the room until sia spoke.

Sia : kya hua karan. She said and held his hand softly.

Karan came back to his senses.

Karan : kuch nhi..main toh bas aise hi chup betha tha.

Sia : oh acha thik hai.

After one day karan was discharged from the hospital.

After two weeks karan was much better.

Karan had told the police about "that girl" and they told him that will try to find her soon.

Karan was in his room having rest.

Sia entered the room with a bowl of soup in her hands.

Sia : karan! Yeh lo yeh soup pee lo!

She handed him the bowl of soup.

Karan started drinking the soup.

He again noticed her hand. Which made him remember the ring.

Suddenly sia's phone rang. She picked it up and saw the goon's no.

Karan looked at her phone and saw "Unknown number" flashing on her phone.

Karan : kiska phone hai?

Sia immediately stood up taking her phone and replied.

Sia(stammered) : maa ka phone hai..main baat karke aati hu..

She answered the call and spoke.

Sia : hello maa kaisi hain aap! Haan main toh thik hu! Arre nhi main kyu pareshan karungi karan ko.

She walked out of the room while talking on the phone.

Karan(confused) : mummy ji ne apna number change kar liya hai kya? Ya iske phone se unka number delete ho gya..

Just when karan was thinking about it..sarla called him on the phone.

He picked up his phone and saw "mummy ji" on it.

He got more confused.

Karan : mummy ji ki call? Magar unhon ne toh abhi preeta to call ki thi.. he answered the call.

Karan(smiling) : hello mummy ji! Kaisi hain aap? Sab thik hai na?

Sarla : haan beta ji sab thik hai. Woh main preeta ko call kar rhi thi Magar uska phone busy aa raha tha. Kahan hai woh?

Karan : woh toh aapse hi baat karne gyi thi na. Aap ka call aaya tha abhi.

Sarla : nhi beta tujhe galatfehmi hui hogi..meri toh usse kitne dino se baat nhi hui. Aaj kitni der se phone kar rhi hu but busy aa raha hai.

Karan felt weird. He was about to tell her that preeta was talking to her on the phone but he stopped.

Karan (in mind) :nhi nhi..mummyji ko kuch nhi batata. Woh pareshan hongi.

Karan : haan shayad mujhe galatfemhi hui hogi. Woh bahar gyi hai main usko batata hu jaake. Woh apko call kar legi.

Sarla : thik hai beta. She hanged up the call.