-16-

⚠️mention of abuse⚠️

pain. that was all i felt. i was up in my room crying because my dad somehow found out about beomgyu and i dating. we had only been together for a week and only went out once. i had locked my bedroom door and stuck a chair underneath the doorknob in case he managed to unlock it.

i could hear him banging on the door and i didn't know what to do. hyunjin wasn't home and wasn't answering my calls, so i called the next person i could think of. "hey-" "help me, please". i cried over the phone. "what's wrong? why are you crying?" "he found out, gyu. he's going to hit m- ahh!".

i heard a loud bang and my dad had broken through the door. i could hear beomgyu calling my name over the phone but i was too scared to respond. next thing i knew, he had hung up and someone was banging on the front door. my dad took his hand out from the hole he had punched through my door and i heard him running down the stairs.

i looked down at my phone and tried to call beomgyu again and he didn't answer. i then flinched as i heard a knock on my bedroom door. "y/n it's me, you're safe now don't worry". i cautiously removed the chair from under the doorknob and unlocked my door. i began crying again once i saw beomgyu.

he pulled me into a tight hug and i cried into his chest. i sniffled before looking up at him, "where's my dad-" "he's with the police". i froze before running back into my room and grabbing my phone and trying to call hyunjin again, to which he finally answered. "where are you?" "i'm at felix's house why-" "come home now, it's important". i hung up the phone and turned back to beomgyu and hugged him again.

we sat in the living room in silence for a few minutes until the front door burst open and hyunjin ran inside looking panicked. "what happened? have you been crying?". i looked over at beomgyu and he sighed before speaking. "your dad he- he tried hitting y/n, she called me crying and he broke her door and-" "hey, slow down".

beomgyu looked down at the floor and hyunjin sat in front of us. "where is he now?". i wiped a loose tear froze under my eye, "he's at the police station". my voice came out in a whisper. beomgyu took my hand in his and gripped it tightly, making me feel safe. "let's go there then".

we rushed out of the house and drove to the police station. we made it there in ten minutes and we saw our dad in an interview room. we looked at him from one side of the glass which he couldn't see us through and we watched the police officer interviewing him. he kept getting angrier and angrier, i was glad he was handcuffed to the table.

the door opened and the officer signalled the three of us to come in. hyunjin walked in first with a glare and beomgyu and i walked in after, hands intertwined together. i looked at the floor since i was too scared to look at my dad in the eyes. we sat opposite him and i could feel his glare on me.

he kept going on about how i disobeyed him so i deserved what he was going to do to me. soon the police knew that they had enough evidence to sentence him so they took him out of the room and to a large prison.