第一章

It was late July, blazing hot outside, and the start of summer break. I hated going outside, even when it was to meet with friends, but this time I was forced out of the house to socialize and be a teenager. I sighed as I heard the door behind my back close, and lock, sadly. I looked around the yard, it wasn't to large, but it was large enough for a few trees; making the grass covered in shade. I walked over to the closest tree and sat at its roots, looking up into the branches above, spotting a crow nest.

"How odd, crows don't normally stay in this area, do they?" I asked myself under my breath. After a few moments I sighed and look away from the crow nest.

Getting up from the roots of the tree, I look around the yard before hearing a ball bouncing off of a wall. I look over to my neighbor's house, the Kageyama household, I see Tobito hitting a ball into the air; onto the roof as the ball rolls down back to him and he did the same thing, over and over. He was rather good at this action to my understanding, the ball hit the same spot of the roof each time, but Tobito seemed to have other thoughts as he had an angry expression on his face. Then a short, ginger, with a happy-go-lucky grin on his face ran up to Tobito and scared the much taller male.

I stood there for what seemed like hours just leaning against the tree, the one I was once sitting at, watching the pair of boys play volleyball in Tobito driveway until dark. Soon I looked up at the sky and saw stars, literal stars, it's been at least 5 hours since I started watching!

The small boy looked around, spotting me. I squeaked and moved behind the tree, hiding from him. I could hear foot steps coming closer to me. My breath hitched as is tried to quiet my breathing. I felt a tap to my shoulder and I jumped out of my shoes as I turned around, seeing the short ginger, I noticed his brown eyes, his freckles, and the way his eyes sparkled when he smiled.

"Hey! How long have you been watching us?" He asked in such an innocent that didn't seem tired what so ever.

"U-uhm- I- Siiiiince you got here?" I said almost questioning what was true.

"That's a long time! Do you like volleyball since you were watching for such a long time?" He asked.

What's with this middle schooler and his questions? Wait, don't I see him in the halls at school sometimes at a locker?!

"Uhm- No not really- I think it's interesting though. You two.. don't play like my brother-"

"Wait! Who is your brother?! I may know him!"

"Oh uhm-" before I could answer, happy go lucky walked out of my house calling for me.

"Y/N, time for dinner!" Called out a stupidly sweet voice.

"Suga?!" The ginger yelled out.

I laughed nervously, I guess this kid knows my brother. I was pushed out of the way, the ground is where my body landed, by the ginger.

"Oh- Hey Hinata. What are you doing here messing with little Y/N here? No funny business I hope." Koshi said, helping me up from the ground.

Tobito kept afar, keeping his eyes on me it seemed liked. He didn't say anything, he normally didn't if he didn't have to. I kinda want to learn more about him, but it's hard to get under that shell of his, I've tried before a few times in the past, failing every time.

Three, two, one; I was pulled into the house by my older brother. He didn't go back outside either, leaving that kid just standing in our yard like an idiot.

"Your just going to leave that middle schooler out there?" I asked, receiving a chuckle in response.

"Oh Hinita, he's a first year. You don't have any classes with him? He's the one I've been telling you about, the decoy middle blocker." Koshi said.

So that's the decoy. It makes sense really, he's super fast and can jump. But, I don't have any classes together, that's why I guess we don't know each other.

"Oh! Well- he fits the part. Kageyama is good too-" I said, rubbing the back of my neck.

Koshi looked at me and smiled happily. He nodded his head softly, holding his arm.

"He really is. And those two together are unstoppable if they are in the right mindset." He said, taking some rice into his mouth.

I sighed. I hadn't a clue about volleyball, but Koshi knew everything it seemed like. He explained a lot of the game to me if I asked any questions.

"So- If I wanted to...-" I mumbled, not sure if I was really sure if I wanted to do this.

"If you wanted tooo?" Koshi questioned me.

"If I- If I wanted play volleyball or uhm- Be apart of the club since you guys need at new manger- Could I?" I asked. I never want to step into a place with my brother unless he knows that I'll be here ahead of time, just so it's not awkward.

"You want to be apart of the club? That'd be amazing! You should join!" Koshi said encouragingly.

I smiled shyly. I wanted to be apart of the club after Koshi came home talking about it all night long. I kinda became jealous of him if I'm being honest.

"Now eat up! You must eat like you mean it if your going to be apart of the team!"

"Yes sir!"