第2章

"Now students, the bell doesn't dismiss you, I do!" My teacher scrolled my class.

"Sorry sir!" We all chanted, bowing and taking our seats once again.

"Good. You are dismissed, have a good night." He said, shooing us out of the classroom like normal.

After class Koshi found me, and basically dragged me behind him as he ran, full speed, to the gymnasium. I was trying to catch my breath as the sound of yelling caught to ear. I was apart of the student council, so it was my duty to try and stop fights if they got out of hand. Koshi just shrugged it off and pulled me into the gymnasium; I had now found the source of the yelling from before.

"Who's that cutie you got there Sugawara?" A short brown haired male asked.

Koshi just growled quietly, pulling me behind him, before Daichi stepped in; I knew him, I've known him for a while. Daichi put his arm in front of Koshi and chuckled.

"Don't try with them, it's not safe-" Daichi started, "now, today we are introducing someone new. Gather around, but don't try to get to close, big brother over here will go ham on you." He said pointing back at Koshi, "They aren't sure if they will join or not yet, but they're willing to deal with you huligens for the time being."

I shy away behind Koshi, an old habit I have. Soon I poked my head out to look at the club; there were more people than I originally thought there were. I waved shyly at the boys, giving them a forced smile. I saw a single female, she was my upper classmate, I knew that much. She smiled at me softly, I eased up a bit when we made eye contact. Then I saw Kageyama, I knew he was in this club, but that didn't settle well in the pit of my stomach. He looked at me with a deadly glare, I haven't seen him like this for a while actually. He kept his eyes on me like he did the other night. Then my eyes fell on the short ginger I met the other night, he looked at me dumbfounded almost. There was a tall blonde guy with glasses, I blushed when I looked up almost all the way up. He looked down on me and smirked slightly, before tensing up a bit. None of the other club members caught my eyes much.

"Sir!" The boys chanted.

I was lead through the evening by Kiyoko, she was the current team manager. She explained the rules throughly, making sure I understood everything just fine. When Kiyoko wasn't speaking, I kept my eyes on the male of the name Tsukishima, he was very impressive. He seemed to be uneasy, well all of the boys did to be honest. There was this off feeling, even I could feel it, there was definitely something off.

"It seems.. off" I muttered to Kiyoko.

"It does. Kageyama is trying out new sets, that could be the reason." Kiyoko said, leaning down to look me in the eye.

"It's nothing new... Kageyama was doing that set a few days ago, I was uhm.. watching him and Hinita. They were doing that set, and very well might I add." I responded, looking around at the six boys on the practice court while Coach Ukai hit the ball down to them.

"Huh? You watched those two? When? Where?"

"Oh uhm- Kageyama is my neighbor, and he was practicing a few days ago. Hinita came over and those two practiced. I kinda watched them for a few hours."

"That makes sense."

"I guess.."

My eyes lit up, watching as Kageyama and Hinita do their all famous quick attack.

"YEAAAH! ITS BEEN SO LONG SINCE YOU TWO DID THAT!" The buzz cut guy, Tanaka, yelled and threw his shirt off, waving it in the air; blood ran to my face as I looked away as Kiyoko shielded my eyes, giving Tanaka a death glare.

"SORRY!" Tanaka yelled, bowing and pulling his shirt on quickly.

Kiyoko moved her hand from my face, giving me the idea that it was alright to look again. I looked around the court, seeing everyone surrounding Tanaka, looking like they were about to kill him.

I sighed, and whistled loudly, catching everyone's attention.

"Alright! Stop fooling around! Leave buzz cut alone and play your game! Not very impressed at the moment." I said sternly, crossing my arms and giving a glare only Koshi knew.

They all looked at me as if I ran over there dog, before stepping away from Tanaka and bowing.

"Sorry! Won't happen again! This was a horrific first impression manager in training. I apologize." Daichi said, bowing, followed by the rest of the team, even Coach Ukia to my surprise.

"We are terribly sorry!" They all said in unison.

I smiled softly, nodding my head. I motioned my hand for them to continue practice.

"Woah, good job little one. I didn't know you could be like that." Kiyoko said to me, patting my head.

I smiled shyly. I don't enjoy being loud, but I clearly had to take charge if I'm going to take this position of manager.

After practice I was bombarded with questions from various members.

'I just can't keep up with all these names.' I thought to myself.

I decide to give everyone nicknames. The short brown haired kid he's now 'Tiger'; he acts like one. The buzz cut second year is now considered Konton to shimashita, translation, chaotic. The tall blonde with glasses he's now, Tsuki, well that's what that freckles kid calls him anyways. Speaking of the freckles kid, he is now called freckles. The ginger decoy is now called, Kare jishin no rieki no tame ni goraku ni, translation, to energetic for his own good. Kageyama will be Yama, or king of the court depending on if I want a death wish or not that day. I still have to pick out nicknames for everyone else though. 

 I was pulled out of my trance when a volleyball came flying at my face, I closed my eyes waiting for impact, which never came. I opened my eyes seeing Kageyama in front of me, holding said volleyball that came flying at me just moments before. I looked up at the much taller male in disbelief, he looked down at me and rolled his eyes before walking off. 

 'What was that all about?' I thought to myself. 

 With that last encounter Koshi decided it was time to get going. He waved back at everyone before basically picking me up and carrying me out of the gymnasium. Before he could walk out of the door I managed the following words, before being to far away to hear any chatter. 

 "Thank you all for having me! And thanks Yama for that save!" I said in a loud voice. 

Kageyama looked towards the door in disbelief. He had just been called 'Yama', by you. He didn't know what to do, but felt his ear become hot as he hid his face from the two boys who were already obsessed with you just like they were with Kiyoko. '

This will be interesting with... them here.' Thought Kageyama before going home himself, but making sure to take long route to no run into you or your elder brother.