figuring it out - cpt. 1

you were eating at you desk when all of a sudden your childhood best friend facetimes you. you pick up wondering why he was facetiming you when you guys just hung out a couple of hours ago. you pick up and he has a joyful tone in his voice, " hi y/n! im about to stream, wanna hop on? alex is busy right now and i have no one else to stream with. " you smile, " sure karl! ill be on in a second, im eating right now. " he gives you a thumbs up with that adorable smile of his and hangs up. you finish up eating and get into a discord call with karl ans you guys have been straming for about 45 mintues now until karl says, " y/n, wanna do a q&a? the chat can ask us questions and we will answer! " you quickly say, " of course! " you answer some questions until someone in the chat asks, " are you guys single or taken? if you are taken, by who? " karl reads that out loud and says, " i am actually crushing on someone at the moment, she works at bath and body works and i actually got her number today! what about you y/n? " your heart drops, why do you feel like that? you do not like karl, he is like a brother to you. you finally answer after about 10 seconds and say, " um, i don't really like anyone right now. " karl laughs awkwardly and says , " okay! next question. " after another 10-15 minutes quackity hops on and he is also doing the q&a with you guys. you were feeling down so you say to the boys, " guys, im gonna hop off. im getting tired. " it was a good excuse since it was 2 in the morning. karl says, " okay y/n, it was nice having you on here!" you smile a little, " night guys. " you exit out of discord and turn off your pc. who knew you would feel like that all of a sudden.

you fell asleep last night around 3 and you woke up around 9. you grabbed your phone and saw a text from - karl ☺ -. you open it and it reads

--------------------------------

- k a r l ☺ -

good morning y/n! how was your sleep?
--------------------------------

you smile, responding with.

--------------------------------

- k a r l ☺ -

it was good! hby? 💛

good, i talked to that candle girl all night! 😁👍

im happy you found someone that you really like, karl

thanks y/n 😸

--------------------------------
you obviously like him a lot, but you planned on keeping it to yourself, knowing it gonna hurt him more than its gonna hurt you.