Didn't you know?

The beach was packed. I stood on the cliff steps, in shock, looking at all the people who had invaded my usually peaceful coast. Despite it being English summertime, this part of the coast was always quiet, due to the cold and the rough sea, but today, the masses had decided to flock to my holiday spot instead of Cornwall. I huffed, and plodded down the rickety stairs in a red crocheted top and a wraparound white skirt which flapped in the biting breeze. I fought my way through the throngs of people, trying to find my best friend who had left me earlier to get a spot on the sand.

Upon finding Rey, I stretched out on the ready laid towel and soaked up what little sun there was, closing my eyes and blocking out the world. Until Rey spoke.

"So I found out why there's so many people here..." she stared at me with a huge grin on her face, expecting me to show interest.

"Go on."

"You'll never guess who's coming to town tonight?" Her smile was even wider now, like a cheshie cat, and she kept nudging me until I shrugged. "Ugh fine I'll tell you. It's Harry Styles!"

"Yayyy." I said in the flattest tone I could muster, before closing my eyes again.

"Em, Harry Styles? My idol?" She looked so crestfallen I almost felt bad. Almost.

"I'm sorry Rey but you know I don't like him. I'm happy for you though." I sat up, slowly coming to the conclusion that I should end this conversation before she asks me —

"You're coming with me! I got us both tickets." She winked, back to grinning triumphantly. "And you can't say no, I go to everything with you.

I groaned, sinking back down until my head thumped on the ground. Of course I'd go with her, but doesn't mean I'd look forward to it.

"Yessss! Love ya lots Em." I was tackled into a hug and despite the concert looming, I laughed along with her. She shot up all of a sudden. "Ember, we need to go — what am I going to wear? And we need to do our makeup!"

"But we only just got here —"

"It doesn't matter! I'm about to see Harry freaking Styles! Let's go."

And with that, I was dragged from my sunbathing spot, and pulled from the beach, back to our apartment.

————— <3 —————

After taking a shower and drying my naturally straight hair and bangs, I went to get ready in my bedroom. I was planning on wearing something casual, but Rey was determined that we'd both look presentable. She'd laid out black flares, a turtleneck crop top, a leather jacket and some of her gold jewellery which she never let anyone borrow until now.

"Get dressed, then I'm doing your makeup!"

"Seriously Rey? He's not even going to see us. And even if he did, I'm not trying to impress him." I almost barfed at the thought.

"Aww come on Em. I want us both to look bomb. Just think of the Instagram..." I laughed and rolled my eyes as she wiggled her eyebrows, knowing she'd won.

An hour later, Rey had finished my makeup: a simple winged liner, a dusting of gold eyeshadow and a neutral toned lipstick. She herself was ready, sporting a Harry Styles oversized tee with a belt and ripped jeans. I scrunched up my nose at the outfit choice, but unperturbed she just stuck her tongue out at me. We were ready to go.