Just reply!

"Em! Come here. You're not going to believe this."

"What?" I skidded in to the kitchen where Rey stood hunched over my phone, looking as if she were about to faint.

"Just come look." She chocked out, the colour leeching from her skin. I made my over to my phone and saw that she was only looking at an Instagram notification on my Lock Screen.

"Ugh Rey I swear I'll look later I'm not in the mood to reply to people."

"You had better come look right now! I swear if you don't get your ass over here..."

"Fine! What the heck could be so important...?" It was only Harry. She made me get up for this? I huffed and her and went to go grab some cereal.

"Em? What are you doing? Why aren't you freaking out?" She looked like a kicked puppy.

"I don't like him that much? Why should I care if he's requested to follow me?" I decided on weetabix.

"Because he only follows three hundred and forty eight others? And because you're not even following him?" I ignored her and poured semi-skimmed milk over my bowl. "He's following three hundred and forty nine now."

"WHAT?" I dived towards her and grabbed the phone out of her hand. "REY!"

"What's the harm? Why is he even requesting to follow you?"

"I met him yesterday too — I was extremely hostile but he doesn't seem to have taken the hint."

"You met him? And you didn't tell me?"

"Well it was a meet and greet, so I didn't realise it was such a big deal. You met him too."

"I did meet him but we didn't really talk.  He had thirty others to get through."

"Well he most definitely made time for me." I muttered.

"Well tell me everything then! I can't believe you didn't mention it before." I told her everything, most importantly my closing statement to him, but whilst we were talking, I had completely forgotten about my phone.

*ping*

Rey and I both stopped talking. Her face lit up, and she lunged for the phone and began to screech.

"He messaged you! He messaged you! He messaged you!..." She kept singing the mantra whilst skipping around the kitchen.

"Hand it over then! Let me see." She gave me my phone, but still stood over my shoulder whilst I opened it.

I believe you owe me a number

"Em! Harry Styles wants your number!"

"I can see that Rey." I rolled my eyes at her but she wasn't going to be put down. She reached for my phone again, but this time I pulled it out of her reach.

"You've done enough."

"Aww come on." She pouted, giving me puppy eyes.

"No." She went down on her knees.

"Stop it Rey. The more you pester the less likely I am to reply." She shot up from the floor, looking like she was about to cry and walked out of the room, leaving me to sit at the island, staring at the message. I read it again.