Chapter Four

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*CHAPTER FOUR❝ the fellowship ❞*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
CHAPTER FOUR
the fellowship
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

SELENA HAD MISSED BEING HOME. There was something about being back in Beacon Hills that put her at ease, especially with everything that had happened. It was peaceful, especially when there wasn't a threat to her or the safety of the town.

Over the past twenty four hours, Selena had moved more boxes than she could count, climbing the stairs of her childhood home over and over again. Her parents had told them to move all of Dinah's belongings into the guest room, which felt wrong to do. Whenever Dinah and her parents would come and visit in the past, the two cousins would stay in Selena's room, staying up late to laugh under the stars while their parents slept soundly in the guest room.

"God, what did we put in these boxes?" She adjusted her grasp on the box in her arms, stepping through the doorway of Dinah's room. With a huff, Selena dropped the box atop one of the others in the room.

"Clothes, probably."

"That would explain why it's so damn heavy," Selena groaned, silently preparing herself to do the trek up the stairs yet again.

The two cousins spent the next few hours carrying more boxes up and down the stairs, pausing every few trips to empty them and organize the room. All Selena wanted to do was make this room feel like home. If she could do that for Dinah, maybe things would be okay.

So she made that her mission.

With each box they unpacked, the guest room looked more and more like Dinah's room in Mystic Falls. The only major difference was the lack of pictures that had decorated her room at home. By the time they finished their second day of unpacking, the room looked as similar as it could to Dinah's old room.

That evening, her parents had asked the girls if they would be okay with being alone for the night. Before everything had happened, they had made plans to go out to dinner in town to do their monthly date night (which Selena thought was the cutest thing her parents ever did). When the girls promised they would be fine, her parents left for the night.

They then made themselves comfortable on the sofa, having ordered takeout before deciding what movie to watch. Selena had pulled out a book of DVDs, and while flipping through it, settled on The Notebook. Sure, it wasn't one of her favorite movies, but at least it would provide some entertainment for the night.

So the cousins sat together on the sofa, sharing a blanket as they watched the movie, chatting about anything and everything that came to mind. The movie played in the background as their conversation shifted from one topic to the next, and by the time Lucy and Steven returned home from their dinner Dinah was smiling. For the first time in days, the family seemed to be filled with life, and although it was short lived, it was nice to see Dinah smile, even if it was only for a second.