Dream A Little Dream

Derek
I awoke to a blaring alarm. I groaned, twisting in bed to punch the alarm clock into submission. 5:00am.

"Crap." I whispered to myself. I had meant to set it for 6. I focused my gaze on an unbothered form of my wife, slumbering peacefully beside me.

Sleep refused to overtake me. Instead, I began to stroke Meredith's hair, caressing her jaw with my finger. I chuckled at the light snores she emit.

All too fast, an hour had passed. I debated not waking her. Our conscious hours seemed to be filled with yelling, arguing about DC.

"Mer, wake up." I urged gently. No response, but that was to he expected. For all the amazing, extraordinary things Meredith is capable of, mornings are not her strong suit.

"Meredith, we have to get ready." I tried again. Her eyelids fluttered open. I leaned down to kiss her, but before our lips touched she rolled away, shoving her face into a pillow.

"Ughhhhh." her sigh was muffled by the pillow. I laughed, before realizing her breathing had become deep again as she dozed off.

"Seriously Mer, come on." I said, shaking her shoulder.

"I'm up!" she called drowsily, turning to face me.

"Were you watching me sleep? You know I think that's creepy."

"Your loud, train like snoring woke me up" I joked back. She whacked me with a pillow, our laughs echoed harmoniously through the bedroom.

"Do you have to go? I feel like you just got back." She said, frowning.

"I know, I'm sorry. But this is it, Mer. Today I resign, hand over my research, and then I'm done. I'll be back in time to wake you up tomorrow. God knows you can't get up on your own." Her eyes sparkled as she smiled. I grabbed her hand, deciding to continue on my rant.

"I want more of this, more of us." I whispered. Her eyes went wide with shock.

"Like.. another baby?" I nodded. She smiled, rolling on top of me.

"Right now?" I asked, taken aback. She confirmed, pressing her lips to mine.

Meredith
I lay in bed, sweaty and panting.

"That was.." I started.

"Amazing." Derek cut in.

"If that didn't make a baby I don't know what will." Derek smiled his Mcdreamy smile. The same one I fell in love with so long ago. He propped his head up, brushing loose hair out of my face.

"We really have to get up." I said reluctantly. He nodded, planting a sloppy kiss before getting up.

"I'm gonna take a shower." I said, wrapping myself in a towel.

"Me too!" Derek replied, a luster ablaze in his eyes.

"Or, you could go downstairs and make the kids breakfast.. Hey, your the one who wanted another!" I added, seeing his disappointment.

"Fine." He mockingly rolled his eyes as I shut the bathroom door.

"So, your flight leaves in 2 hours and the sitter will be here at 9?" I confirmed as Derek handed me a waffle.

"Mhm." he replied, digging into syrupy goodness.

"Oh, and Amelia gets off early, and she'll relieve the babysitter so you don't have to rush home." He added. I nodded in response.

"Bailey, Zola! Come say goodbye" I yelled to the living room. I bent down, filling my arms with children as they hugged me.

Before I could leave, Derek grabbed my slender wrist, pulling me in for a prolonged kiss.

"Ugh" Zola groaned.

"Gross." Bailey confirmed. I smiled to myself as I walked out the door. I turned around to look through the window, at my perfect husband eating breakfast with my perfect children.

Minutes later, I stood on the ferry boat, taking in the city I was raised in. A slight breeze arranged my hair, and sunlight kissed my face.

Right in this moment, I couldn't help but feel utterly and completely fulfilled.

Hope you guys enjoyed the premiere to my first book! I kinda spoiled you guys with Merder smut. Make sure to vote and comment so I know to update!