Chapter 30

"I still don't understand how Dumbledore thinks it's safe for you two to go out to look for items that have... Voldemort's soul attached to them." I paused as a shiver went down my spine.

"You don't have to say his name." Harry frowned at me. 

"I want to be brave." I replied, my head held high. Snape pushed past us on the way up to the Astronomy Tower. "Hi, Professor Snape!" 

"Miss Greengrass." He muttered back. 

"He seemed cheerful, don't you think?" I asked Harry who smiled. 

"Ah, Harry, Sophia." Dumbledore greeted us before smiling at Harry. "You need a shave, my friend." 

"See? I swear, Professor, I've been telling him that for days." I slapped Harry's arm. 

"As you should." Dumbledore nodded. "You know, at times, I forget how much you've grown. At times I still see the small boy from the cupboard. Forgive my mawkishness. I'm an old man."

"You still look the same to me, sir." Harry said. 

"I don't know, you changed drastically over the summer between our second and third years." I joked.  

"It amazes me how two very different people like you two can fall so deeply in love so quickly." Dumbledore sighed thoughtfully. "The place to which we journey tonight is extremely dangerous. I promised you could accompany me, and I stand by that promise. But there is one condition: you must obey every command I give you, without question."

"Yes, sir." Harry agreed. 

"You do understand what I'm saying?" Dumbledore asked. "Should I tell you to hide, you hide. Should I tell you to run, you run. Should I tell you to abandon me and save yourself, you must do so. You must obey these rules as well, Sophia."

"Yes, sir." I nodded. 

"Your word, Harry." Dumbledore waited. 

"My word." Harry repeated. 

"Say your goodbyes." I quickly ran over to Harry and pulled him into a tight hug. 

"You be careful now. If you die, I will kill you." I whispered. 

"I wouldn't doubt it." He replied, quickly kissing me. "I love you. 

"And I love you." I watched him walk back over to where Dumbledore stood. 

"Take my arm." He ordered. 

"Sir, I thought you couldn't apparate within Hogwarts." Harry furrowed his eyebrows. 

"Well, being me has its privileges." Dumbledore replied. Harry slowly grabbed his arm and they disappeared with a pop. 

"And then there was one." I said to myself, sitting down on the floor with my wand in my hand, waiting for them to come back. 

It had been a couple of hours since Harry and Dumbledore left to go find the Horcrux thing Harry tried telling me about. Something about splitting your soul and putting it into an object. Apparent,  Voldemort split his own soul 7 times and put each piece in 7 different items. Dumbledore had found one and Harry already destroyed one without realizing it during our second year. I didn't even realize I was dozing off until I was woken up by a pop. 

"Bloody hell!" I cried. 

"Sophia, help. We have to get him to the Hospital Wing to Madam Pomfrey." Harry was holding Dumbledore up with all of his strength and I quickly ran over to grab his other side.