Stern

-Casual        ⚠️ N/A

Summary: Toast invites everyone over for a barbecue, but your son, Andrew, has been in a nasty mood since he woke up, frustrating both you and Sykkuno. Having ignored all three warnings, throwing a tantrum, attempting and failing at landing a weak blow on Corpse, Sykkuno finally puts his foot down for the first time when the young boy results to insulting you.

A/N: I am basing the warnings and stuff off of my own experiences growing up, I don't agree with acting this way (specifically spankings) with children as it can traumatize them (speaking from experience). Please let me know when there is an error, just, please don't be rude about it.

(friendly reminder that content creators love when you interact with their work, please don't be shy, say whatever the hell you want, as long as its nothing rude of course.)

—————

His first warning was during breakfast, when he refused to leave the living room, where his toys and cartoons were. At first when you were calm, trying to negotiate with him, but he simply froze for a moment before completely ignoring you. That got him a five minute time out. In return of the punishment Andrew refused to even touch his food, only listening when you threatened three spanks.

You made it clear at a very young age that refusing his main meals was bad, usually it would receive a lecture, but his attitude was getting on your nerves, his disrespect would lead to spanking eventually.

The second warning came at the shop, when you stopped to buy some treats and last minute items for the barbecue.

Andrew kept on asking you both for toys and candy, becoming more and more upset each time he received no as an answer. First came the slight raise in volume and aggressiveness, which you quickly counteracted with a firm, "you've been very bad today, knock it off." Usually that simple sentence would straighten him out. He hated being told he was being bad.

Alas, his scream filled the shop, frustration rising in you and Sykkuno as people stopped to watch the scene or sped away to escape said scene. You instantly grabbed him out of the child's seat in the cart that Sykkuno had been pushing, informing your partner that you'd be back to him shortly.

Andrew received five spanks in the privacy of the empty bathroom, remaining quiet until you arrived at the Offline TV house.

You and Sykkuno both thought he was over his mood and finally relaxed as your friends played with the small boy.

Key word: thought

After two hours or so of arriving, and everyone warning Andrew not to go near the barbecue, you watch as Corpse lifts your son up from next to said barbecue. You can't make out what he's saying, but you know he's scolding the boy for not listening.

You make your way over to the pair in order to make sure Andrew is listening to the man, just in time to catch his tiny fist aiming at your younger friend. His other hand had been held by Corpse, since he had placed the boy down to talk to him properly.

Most of the barbecue's attendees were already watching the scene unfold, but your frustrated scolding certainly drew in the stranglers.

"Andrew L/n," you fume, "don't you ever try to hit him or anyone else again! Everyone told you to stay away from the barbecue so you wouldn't get hurt, yet here you are, trying to hit people! You know better! Now apologize."

"Sorry," he complies with a huff.

"Without the attitude, young man," you cut in before Corpse can try to accept the apology.

That's when the child bursts.

"Why?! This is stupid! You're stupid! I wish I had a different mommy!"

The sound of one of the patio chairs hitting the cement flooring hardly registers as you take in what your child, who you break your back for, said.

When you come to, you see Sykkuno scolding Andrew, listing out every time he has acted up today. You listen as he sternly tells the boy off and carries him into the house, sitting him in the dining room corner visible from the back yard.

"When you're ready to apologize to your mom and uncle, you come and get me, but you're going straight back to the corner till I say you can come back out. Am I clear?"

The now sobbing boy nods and Sykkuno comes back to the backyard with a sigh.

"You okay," he questions after pulling you into a hug.

You nod and back away to peck his lips, "thank you."

After you, Sykkuno, and Corpse settled back down at the table with the others, Rae speaks up, cutting into the conversation that Poki had started in hopes of cheering you up, taking your mind off the previous event.

"I didn't know Sy could be so strict. Kinda scared me."

FIN.
Word Count: 787

Anyways I just like family stories because I get forget about my own; there may be a lot of these.