Smurkio

A/N: I was inspired to write this story from the amazing late rapper King Von's passing. Both him and Durk are amongst my favorite rappers and he will forever be missed. As his music continues to live on I want to create a story that embodies both rappers personality and charm. 🕊💜

I will have a Lil Durk or King Von song listed at the beginning of each chapter that inspired each specific chapter...you could play it while reading!

🎶 Lil Durk - Viral Moment 🎶

Aurora's POV
"Von...you literally told me you would be performing 3 hours ago! I don't understand why the show hasn't started yet. You and all your little rapper friends are just sitting back here smoking and talking about nothing. Must I remind you again that I need to get home to study?!" I said to my brother frustrated.

I know he is starting out his rapping career because of some famous guy that I barely even know. Now he thinks he's about to be America's next Jay Z or something.

I fully support his passion for rapping because it keeps him out of trouble and jail. But I still need him to respect my time as well.

Growing up our dad (Marcus Bennett) was in jail and still is. As far as our mother (Alexa Roberts) she was barely around and still isn't to this day. She lives somewhere out in Indiana with some man that we've never even met.

Von and I have lived with our grandmother (Sheila Martin) since I was 5 and Von was 7 here in Chicago, Illinois.

Our grandmother has grown ill over the past three months and I just feel at any second she could be on her last breath.

I currently am working two jobs just to pay rent (along with other bills) and support myself, my grandmother and my brother.

Von doesn't feel safe getting a real job because of his street problems and quite honestly doesn't want to punch the clock everyday anyway.

I work at Wells Fargo as a teller Monday through Friday from 7am to 5pm and usually work overtime if it's available. Then on Saturday's and Sunday's from 8am to 4pm I work at my University's bookstore. Working at my college gives me a discount on my tuition so I have no choice but to do this.

That leaves me the evenings to not only do my homework and study, try to cook (or else I end up eating McDonald's $1 cheeseburger), clean, personal hygiene, and if I can RELAX.

It feels as if I can never catch a break as there is a new problem everyday. If it's not me worrying about my grandmother then I'm worrying about my brother and if he's alive or not. Or I'm worrying about my ex boyfriend Nate who told me he won't stop until he gets me back and if he can't have me no one can. He's given me a bunch of empty threats and heartaches. Being only 20 years old I have a lot on my plate and just want a break from all of this. We live in the worst neighborhood, O Block, and half the time I'm scared for my life.

That's why I enrolled in college to better myself and hopefully establish a career. I don't want to struggle my entire life and I definitely don't want to have to rely on anyone.

I'm in school for my Bachelor's of Science in Marketing (Professional Sales). I plan to use this degree to move up the corporate ladder here at Wells Fargo. My manager (Michael Washburn - Age 26) has been a major mentor and inspiration for me.

Pictured Below: Michael Washburn