Prologue

I'm Yoon Sara. Youngest out of 2 siblings. I have an older brother, Yoon Jeonghan. You might know or might not know him. He is a singer, an idol. We are very close with each other the best that i would ever asked for. As he left home, i stayed with my mum and dad. Well, our bond is still are strong. He comes by sometimes. Honestly, he's my advice bank...if I'm going through some drama shit in life, i turned to him. I'm 16 now. I graduated from middle school last year and now. I schooled in an all girls boarding school. Let me tell you, it was a living mental abuse centre. I'm deciding on what studies should i pursue, what high school should i attend. I don't think i have to decide..i already had what i wanted in mind. Until, one day, the day i had a changed of heart and  i am done with everyone.

"you're still going to that school right?" Dad asked during dinner.
"what kind of question is that, of course she's going. If she's gonna be a doctor than she needs to attend that school." Mum said not even looking at dad. I decide that this is the time i speak up. No more planning my future. My future, my decision.
"Mom, dad, can i say something," their eyes were on me.
"I don't want to attend there. I want to go to a music school," my mum choked on her food after i said this.
"You what?!"
"I said, i want to pursue music," i speak clearer.
"No." she said coldly.
"And what'll you gonna be, huh? A singer?" Dad asked, clearly not taking me seriously.
"Music isn't just singing you know,"
"And i said no. Do i have to repeat?" My mum asked.
"Why?" It's getting on my nerves rn.
"Who said you could talk back to me?" Mum is clearly not having it.
"It's not talking back, I'm curious. Why can't i decide? I've been following your wishes all years ever since i was born, I can't do this, can't do that. All i did was study, study, study and I've done every single thing you asked me to do and be. You want grades, i give you grades. I'm not allowed to play. I didn't play. I don't even now kids my age in this neighbourhood,"
"You didn't listen to me to be a doctor how's that everything. Your brother isn't as tough as you, he enrolled himself in a prestigious school why r u so hard? Your brother waste his grades and go to be a singer. You should be like Mrs Jung's son, a fine young man, a doctor, even."
"I don't even want to be a doctor! Stop comparing me to others! I'm so—"
"Don't dare raise your voice to you mother young lady! We know what's best for you and that's it! To your room now!" Shit, dad exploded.
"At this point, the best for me is for all of you to forget my existence!" I get up from my sit and run into my room slamming the door.

I didn't cry. I've no tears. I wasted it all in middle school. Prestigious middle school my foot. The students are not even emotionally stable. Psychopaths. I went on my phone and play my playlist "songs to cry yourself to sleep". I teared up. But it didn't fell. I guess my parents are totally done. They're not knocking on my door. I don't even care. I know what i want. I'm not apologizing. I spoke my thoughts. They just took it the wrong way.

*ring* *ring*

Me: hello
Jeonghan: my sisterrrr! How r u?
Me: great!
Jeonghan: no, honestly.
Me: *sigh* horrid
Jeonghan: spill. You sounded like you had a breakup
Me: ew...no. I had a fight with mum and dad
Jeonghan: what?
Me: yeah..during dinner i said i wanna go to music school and I don't want to go to a boarding school anymore. And mum and dad just lashes out on me.
Jeonghan: i don't think you should do that.
Me: do what? Speaking my own thoughts? Standing up for MY future? Dude, I'm human. I have feelings. Don't you ought to know these things?
Jeonghan: i know, honey. But, you shouldn't take music. You shouldn't waste your knowledge on this career. It won't bring you any good. I crushed our parent's dreams when i turned to music. You're our hope.
Me: so I'm just a puppet on a string? Wow..Yoon Jeonghan i never thought those words would ever come out of your mouth. The thought that i even turned to you to understand my situation disgusts me.
Jeonghan: Sara....
Me: no, i get it. Everyone thinks that what they decide for me is the best for me. Do you even know how i feel? Do you even care for me? I thought you were my only family who understands me. Clearly, i have no family. I'm sorry to bother you Mr. Jeonghan. I hope you have a great night.
Jeonghan: Wait—

I ended the call. It hurts bad. Just like you handed your phone to a person you trusted the most to find him/her throwing it to the wall over and over again. I gotta get out of here. This life is too toxic.
I'm sure they'll be happy if  I'm gone from their lives. No more disappointment. No more getting hopes up. No more daughter in the family. I wouldn't be found. I don't want to be found. Pshht..they won't even find me.

Because i'm not missing.

I disappeared.