14. The Big Three

"we're having a discussion about  Hades. It's not part of anything, just a discussion, just for today" he tells the class.

"You know him?" Tresha whispers to me.

"Uhh...no not really" I lie, cold sweat on my skin. This is so unexpected.

"What are your thoughts?" He asks. "On Hades in general." Turning to the class.

A few people raise their hands, still unsure.

"Yes?" He points to a blonde haired guy in the front.

"Well I'm pretty sure he's the least biggest jerk out of the big three" the blonde kid answers, earning a few laughs.

"Haha. Well you wouldn't be wrong." Aizawa smirks.

"I agree but...." I say, raising my hand to say more.

Shouta's eyes widen a little, then he gestures for me to continue.

"I just think he isn't a saint even though he may be the best of his brothers."

"And why is that?"

"He raped Persephone didn't he?"

"No he didn't. Hades kidnapped Persephone, because he fell in love with her the day he saw her. He didn't touch her until she consented. Treated her like a queen."

"How do you know for sure?" I ask.

"How do YOU know for sure?" He repeats.

"I don't. But c'mon he's one of the three, it's sort of expected of him."

"Hades and Persephone are married aren't they?"

"Yes. They are. By some great miracle I guess she fell in love with him, but that doesn't mean he didn't throw himself on her the day he kidnapped her." I breathe, my heart beating, aware of everyone looking at me in silence.
But I continue, "of course they were epic love and all that," rolling my eyes.
"But he raped her. Pretty sure. I don't think he was too different from his brothers. Can't keep it in their pants." I scoff.

"Why are you so set on that? Why won't you believe that he could've been good"

"Aww are you a little bit of a romantic Aizawa..." I am snapped back to reality by a gasp from Tresha. Everyone is looking at me wide eyed.

"I mean...I- I'm sorry I didn't-"I fumble, face turning bright red. Fuck fuck fuck what have I done.

"No.. nevermind, we'll talk about Hera and Zeus then." He says, smirking.

The blonde kid in the front laughs.
"That is one dysfunctional couple."

"Well do you think what they have is  love?" Shouta asks the class.

"No!" Most of the class shouts in unison.

"Do you think Hera loves Zeus atleast?"

"No..." Everyone says, except me, who mumbles a soft "yes."

"Explain Vanya?" He looks at me.

"I mean she's got to have loved him atleast a little to have stuck around for, what, 2000+ years?"

"Valid point" blonde kid says.

"And yet you don't believe Persephone and Hades are in love?" Shouta asks me.

"I didn't say they aren't in love. In fact, I think they're one of the only gods who are actually in love." I smile.

"You are a mystery." He sighs deeply.
"Class dismissed. Do whatever you want." He leaves.