69. You're gonna see it someday

(Vanya's POV)

I ring the doorbell and Shinsou opens the door for me, smiling slightly. "Hey."

"Happy new year."

"Thank fuck your back. He's been cranky."

Aizawa is at the dining table, Nova next to him, looking into some textbooks. Ah he's helping her study I guess. The exams are coming up. He looks up at me. "Hi. How was it?"

"Good." I reply and turn to Nova, "Happy new year." She flashes me a pretty smile. "Happy new year!" I blush, but realise Aizawa's eyes are on me, and look down with guilt. But when I look up, he's grinning. Why is he so good to me?

"What're you both doin?"

"He knows a lot of stuff about a lot of things so I forced him to teach me this one chapter, reluctantly he agreed so I just asked him to teach the entire book."

"Which I declined." He rolls his eyes. "It's journalism. No fun."

"Well yes the theory part..." Nova does a double take, "Wait. Did you just say 'no fun'?! You?!"

He scowls, "I am a lot of fun, thank you very much. Vanya. Tell her."

"Uhhh"

He scowls, and Nova laughs, I turn around to Shinsou.

"What's got them all buddy buddy?"

"I don't know. It's wierd. Don't leave me alone with them again." He replies, looking concerned, and I laugh.

...

He walks to me at the dining table, a little tipsy. Yup. He's drunk. I close my books, and pull up a chair for him. He sits.

"How was it?" I ask him of the night. Poseidon had invited him out, because he wanted to talk about something. I don't want to ask him what it was.

"He bored me with sappy shit as fucking usual-" He groans, his voice huskier than usual from the burn of liquor in his throat, his eyes somehow have that sharp look about them."-So I drank like hell." He smirks, and closes his eyes, resting his head on the chair.

Suddenly, I feel so touch deprived, but don't say anything. Still, why isn't he leaning in like usual?

"Oh, yesterday my aunt had made these biscuits. Their mint and chocolate, I bought you some cause...you, like...mint...Do you...uh-?" What the fuck am I doing I sound stupid.

Eyes half closed, he turns to me with a smile, that makes skin tingle. "I would love that right now."

...

He picks the first one up, and places it next to my lips, I shake my head.

"Take the first bite, please."

"N-no, it's for you."

He sighs, and takes a bite, groaning, and then reaching for another biscuit.

I roll my eyes, "Ok, ok, they're not that good." His face moves closer to mine, and I freeze in place, while he licks my lower lip.

"Whiskey." I recognize the taste.

He narrows his eyes at me, digging his fingers deep in my hair. "How are you so- possible, should be physically impo-imp- impozzible to be this beautiful. I can just...sit here and watch you..." His words are slurred.

I blush, flattered wishing he won't shut up, and keep mumbling things. It's adorable.

"You know while I was at the- the thing,"

"The bar." I complete it for him.

"Yes that. There were all these people. They were- just obno- ah it's a difficult word-"

"Obnoxious?" I snicker.

"Yes, that. And I wanted them all to just shut the fuck up cause they weren't- you. Then I thought about how much I wanted to fuck you there, in front of everyone, like, yeah she's mine fuckers, and you'll never be us!"

The grip of his hands around my hair tighten, and he places his other hand on my thigh, I glance at his hands, much bigger than mine, so....veiny, then look into his eyes, from not having anywhere else to look. Once I do, grinning, he continues speaking with a straight face, "Course I coulda burned that place down at just a thought, but I decided-.....decided against it cause I thought that'd make you angry." He huffs.

"Yeah that woulda made me angry." I agree.

He kisses my cheek, "Yeah, and then you wouldn't talk to me, and I'd get mad, and shout at you, it'd be a stupid waste of time fight- which is the only reason I didn't burn the place down."

"You are a menace to society and probably shouldn't be allowed to walk free on the streets." I frown.

"You love that." He groans.

I can't take it anymore, I want him. "Aizawa...just for today I can, ask Shinsou to stay with Nova, ya know like that day, and-" My breathing is ragged , from how close his face is to mine. His usual smell of mint overpowers the smell of liquor. "-And we can...I.."

He grins, knowing what I mean, and his expression turns serious soon after, "We really shouldn't, not today." His eyes travel down to my chest, which is rising and falling rapidly.

"Why...?" I pull his chin up to me again. I probably shouldn't have asked that, if he doesn't want to, he doesn't want to.

"It's just...I'm drunk, and it'll make you uncomfortable. You may not, i dunno- like it."

I nod slowly, "I know I'll always love it, but- It's ok, I respect that......so, are you gonna go sleep?"

"If thoughts of you will go away, maybe."

"Can you walk upstairs?"

"I dunno. Take me, please."

I get up, and he does too, without waiting for him, I walk to the stairs. He catches up fast, then puts his hand around my shoulder. "I can walk just fine, but then you offered and I wasn't gonna say no again." He admits.

...

He lays down, still fully clothed, face down buried in his pillow. I pull the silk sheets over him, muttering "Idiot."

"I heard that." His voice is muffled. "It was meant for you to hear." I scowl.

"Good night." He waves, "night." I say and leave, closing the door of his room behind me.

...

My father used to drink. He got really mean when he did, but that doesn't mean he was a bad man at all. My mother wanted to get him off the drink...he never did. I can't help but compare him with Aizawa...he's so, compassionate, and honest....well maybe except the part where we wanted to commit arson at the bar. I smile.

...