Looking Fine

"Do I have to?" I ask, looking from the back seat of Jess's car at the school ahead.

"Yes you whiner, we have that field trip today. Now get out and show off my masterpiece," Jess demands, pulling me by my hand out my door.

"I hate you."

"You love them," Jack corrects, climbing out the other side. "They're your best friends."

"You know what J? As my brother, you're supposed to be on my side! Not on that of my kidnappers!"

Being my brother though, he shrugs, laughing as he punches Ty's arm, who just whistled at me.

"Damn Art, you look fine," He compliments, eyes running over my body and earning himself a punch to the arm by Lauren and Jack. "Ow. Ow!"

"Well Ty, not for nothing but the last person who looked at me like that, I got laid," I state cheekily, him blushing madly. "All laughs aside though, thank you. I was Jess's barbie doll this morning," I explain, turning to Laur. "Why didn't I also wake up to you in my bedroom with the other two?"

"Woah, you woke up to Jess and Angela in your bedroom?" Eric asks, eyes wide as he shares a look with Mike.

"Did y'all have a threesome?"

"Michael!"

"Mike!"

"What the hell?"

"Oh, yeah, Mike get's to ask about a threesome but I don't get to say she looks fine without getting hit. This is bull," Ty complains from inside his van.

"Mike, no! That didn't happen!" I exclaim, hitting him upside the head.

"Ow! It was just a thought!"

"An inappropriate thought," Ang scolds.

"I had to wait for Tyler to pick me up this morning since my cars in the shop," Lauren tells, going back to my question.

"Well, next time I refuse to leave my room, I want to see you there, standing with a box of takeout chocolate chip pancakes from the diner, got it?"

"Yes ma'am," Laur mock salutes, pulling me into a side hug.

"We are glad that you're back, Artie, you just got here not too long ago and it still felt like something big was missing while you were gone," Eric says, prompting my release from Lauren so that I can hug him.

"Mostly glad to be back," I assure, my eyes drifting around the lot, landing on the pairs of gold that I was half-heartedly looking for. Their eyes look darker, the bags under them a midnight color as they stand with their family and Bella.

"Hey," Ang whispers, stealing me from Eric. "I know things may seem bad right now, but maybe try talking to them?"

I stay silent, looking at the family still with a heavy heart.

"I'll think about it Ang," I assure, her giving me a soft smile.

"Yo yo yo hey guys come on," Mr.Molina calls out as the busses pull up. "Green is good!" 

"Where are we going again?" I ask, having obviously missed something over the last few days. 

"The greenhouse at the community college, Mr.Molina is very excited."

"Oh, I can tell," I laugh, her joining in as we follow our friends up the first bus's stairs.