Pick Me Ups

"Dads!" I holler, jogging my way down the stairs and into the kitchen, grabbing an apple. "I'm going out!"

"Where would you be going to?" Dad questions, looking up from where he and Cas sit, him cleaning his favorite hand gun and Cas cleaning his angel blade. 

"Why are those out of storage?" I question in return. "I thought they were going to stay away unless needed. Is something going on?"

"No, no-"

"Don't lie to me Dad. Cas, what's going on?"

"There's been chatter on angel radio about the rise of an 'unconventional Nephilim, so we're just being prepared."

"We called Mom and Bobby this morning to tell them, and they'll call us if they need us," Dad continues. "Really, there's nothing to worry about, Art."

"And if there was, would you tell me?"

I can see the hesitation in both of them, and lucky for them, I don't get my answer. 

"I'm going out!" Jack's voice rings through the kitchen, him joining us. 

"Oh great, now where are you going?" Dad questions, giving Cas an exasperated look. 

"Mike, Tyler, and I are going into Seattle to watch a college baseball game," J explains, earning the dads attention. 

"You're going to a sports game?"

"Do you even know what baseball is?"

"Pops! Dad!" I scold, giving them a glare before turning to a now nervous younger brother. "Ignore them. You'll have a blast. Make sure to get me a jersey, yeah?" 

"Course! I'm going to get one too!" He exclaim, his phone dinging. "Oh, that's the guys, they're outside, I've gotta go."

"I really hope Tyler isn't driving! He's lucky I didn't take his license!" Dad calls after Jack, but the boy's already gone. "Damn kids."

"Hey, you still have one here," I protest. "At least for the next five minutes."

"Right, you," He grumbles dramatically, Cas chuckling. "Where are you going anyways?"

"A date with Ali and Jasper."

"What?" He asks, his gun clicking into working order. "They aren't going to ask me for your hand or something?"

Rolling my eyes, I hop on the counter, sure to face them. "Dad, the three of us started dating a while ago. Why do you always have to act so against it."

"I'm not against the relationship, I'm -"

"Against what they are, I know," I cut in. 

"Where are you going with them?" Cas asks, changing the subject. 

"We're going to play baseball with their family," I answer, a knock sounding on the door. "Come on in! We're in the kitchen!"

"Good afternoon, Deputy Winchester, Doctor Winchester," Jasper greets, Alice sending them a wave and small hello. 

"How many times do I have to remind you that Castiel is just as good?" Cas asks, offering them a smile. "And you can call him Dean."

"N-"

"Don't listen to him," Cas cuts Dad off. 

"Dean and Cas, we can do that," Alice assures, turning to me. "You ready?" 

"How  does one play baseball with vampires?" Cas questions, looking between the three of us.

"Oh, I'm not playing. I'm going to be on the side with Bella trying to follow along," I answer, Dad letting out a breath of relief. 

"Good. No more arm injuries. Add that to the list of rules," He instructs, pointing between us three and earning nods. "Good. Good. Now you can go."

"Thank you Deputy," Jas thanks, waving bye to them both and leading the way out. 

"Bye Dean, bye Cas!" Alice says next, following Jasper. 

"Bye Dad, bye Pops," I finish off, giving them each a kiss on the head before jogging after my soul mates. "Oooh we get the Jeep?" 

"Edward is running Bella there, so we got the go ahead," Jas explains, opening my door to the back seat for me, me sliding in to the middle to sit between them. 

"Here!" Ali offeres excitedly, handing me a perfectly folded baseball jersey. 

"What's this?"

"It's Jaspers, put it on for the day!" She encourages, me doing as told and realizing just how big it is on me. 

"Wow Jas, I'm drowing in this thing," I comment, Ali chuckling as Jas glances back at me in the rear view mirror, smirking. 

"You look gorgeous, Winnie."

"You southern charmer you," I grumble, blushing madly. 

"Pleasure to do business with you Darlin'."