S i x

Hey everyone! Don't forget to vote! It really does help and I appreciate it so much <3

Mature content ahead.
Violence ahead.

----------------------------------------------------------

It's been two and a half weeks since the bathroom incident, it has also been two and a half weeks since Draco last spoke to me.

I felt his eyes every single time he stared or even glanced at me, trying my best not to make eye contact I always ignore it and walk away.

Things with me and Millie had settled too, she was actually quite a nice girl once you get past that initial bitchy stage. As for her brother Rory, he still wouldn't speak to me but he smiled at me every now and then which I thought was sweet.

It was a chilly Monday morning and it was time to head to breakfast. I threw a scarf around my neck to protect my neck from the breeze outside. Today I woke up feeling strange, as if something was going to go wrong today.

I'm most likely just overthinking things but I couldn't help but wonder if this had anything to do with Draco somehow. No that is a stupid assumption..

"Ria we will leave without you if you wake any longer," Millie warned me from the bottom of the stairs in the deserted common room, "I'm coming jeez." I slam the door shut behind me and make my way downstairs to meet Millie and Rory.

I liked our little friend group, just the three of us enjoying each others company. Millie won't admit it but I think I've grown on her. Rory grew more confident with me every day, I just know he will speak to me soon, I can feel it.

We seated ourselves in our usual spots in the great hall, everybody patiently awaiting their mail, except for me. My mother never sends me any letters, I feel apart of her still loves my father.

I mean of course, she says he was her first love and that type of love is hard to let go of even if it is years later.

She used to send me letters frequently hoping they would get infiltrated by my father so that he could come find us- that was until he got himself locked in Azkaban.

And when he escaped not so long ago my mother broke, too broken to mend back into the bitter-sweet mother she used to be. Now she is nothing but rotten and foul, she has completely given up.

Millie is screaming at Rory for god knows what reason but I don't pay attention, the mail has arrived and there's one snowy white owl in particular I'm staring at, It's Sadie.

A wide grin spreads across my face at the sight of a letter with my owl Sadie.

Mother has finally written.

But as soon as the grin came, it faded away. This was no ordinary letter- It was red in colour, a howler.

I had no words at all. A Howler? but what have I done? Has mother heard about my fights? No that can't be it she wouldn't be the slightest bit interested.

"Hey look everyone- Ria got a howler," Pansy shouts and I could feel the entire great hall burning their eyes into me, especially one particular pair of icy grey ones.

I lift my hand up to take it out of Sadies clutch but as soon as I set my touch on it, it soars up into the air by itself and floats in front of my face, "RIA, HE'S BACK. DADDY'S BACK HOME, I HAVE NO TIME- ," 

It was over. The envelope soared into the air once more but this time disintegrating right in front of me leaving nothing but the smell of burnt paper.

Silence

No student dared to be the first to speak, to break the deadly quiet. 

Rory placed his warm hand on-top of mine in an act of sympathy, I was speechless but I nod in response to show my appreciation which he understood.

The silence was killing me and I stood up to leave, I had to go home.

My father was not to trusted due to his allegiance with the dark lord, I don't want my already shattered mother to do anything stupid, so it was decided. I'm leaving this instant.