C31 Department of mysteries

"I can't believe she's gone.. and poor Hagrid." I muttered at breakfast. "I talked to Madame Pomfrey, and McGonagall was transferred to St. Mungos." I shook my head. Harry had an awful look on his face as if he had eaten something sour. The rest of Gryffindor house was silent and everyone was filled with gloom. Dumbledore is gone. McGonagall is gone. Hagrid is gone. No one else had the gobstones to stand up to the wicked witch, on a good note O.W.L.s were done and everyone could at least relax until they got their test results. "We have to do something, she can't just get away with this." I stiffened. "She literally whipped me in front of Snape, might I add. Something about I'm his favorite student or some bull like that." Wednesday shook her head. "Bet the old git liked it too." Ron added as he scarfed down his breakfast like usual. I shook my head. "I'm not sure what else we can do. No other professor will speak out against her." Hermione flipped through her book, nose pinched as if she was determined to find the answer to our problems within the old pages. "I suggest.. keeping your heads down for the time being and we'll figure something out." I got up from the table and headed outside to enjoy the weather. The sunshine felt great on my face.

''Watch where you're going, Avery!'' Snape's voice snapped me out of whatever relaxation trance I was in. Jackson's annoyance showed on his face but he walked away. Snape's eyes scanned the halls until they landed on me. ''Black, shouldn't you be prepping for another test?'' I shook my head. ''It's all over.'' He nodded. ''I see.'' He pulled up his sleeves. ''How do you think you did?'' I shrugged. ''I feel confident in myself and what I've learned, I have a feeling I passed.'' I ran my tongue along the opening of my lips and I noticed a shiver run through him. ''Good work then.'' He turned and started to walk away. ''That's it?'' I stood up, brows furrowing. ''What more do you want?'' I scoffed, I had this thought in my head that after testing we would at least see each other. I missed him. The stupid git. ''I think you know what I want, sir.'' I bit the inside of my lip, hope filling my eyes. ''I can't give you that.'' My brows furrowed, hadn't enough time passed? Surely, we were in the clear by now. ''Why not?'' He turned around, coming over to grip both my shoulders, and shook me once. ''I don't have time for this. I don't have time for you.'' I couldn't believe he was doing this again. My body went numb. ''Remember that, when I made time for you. Remember that, when you want me again. Remember that, when you want someone to care about you.'' His grip tightened, students started to come back out and he pulled me into a closet. ''I can't watch you be hurt again! I'm not...'' His head dipped. ''You're not what?'' He shook his head. ''Strong enough. I'm not strong enough to stand there and watch that vile woman tear you apart from the outside. I wanted to kill her. I wanted to strangle her with her own whip. I just think it would be a good idea to take a break while Avery is snooping around.''

 He stroked my cheek with his thumb, it lingered there til he moved it down and brushed it against my neck. ''Be with me tonight, our spot.'' He closed his eyes tightly. ''I want to, more than anything.'' I wouldn't take no for an answer. ''We'll take time apart but tonight I need you. Please.'' I grabbed his hand and he was silent for a minute, then he sighed. ''Fine, I'll be there but it might be late.'' I nodded. ''Got it, sir.'' I leaned up and placed my lips on his. He pressed me tightly against him. ''I miss you...'' I whispered against him. ''I've got to go, I'll see you later.'' His hand lingered in mine before he let go and walked out of the closet, I stood there a moment. Running my fingers against my lips. ''Why is that man addicting?''

I walked back to Ravenclaw Tower and sat there, staring into the fire. I understood the risk but I needed him I think more than he needed me. I had no doubt about it, I was completely and utterly in love with him. I leaned back into the couch. Wednesday flew through the door. ''Raylona!'' I stood up and turned around to face her. ''It's Harry, he and the rest of them are in trouble! Umbridge and her goons got them in her office.'' Oh no. I shook my head, running my fingers threw my hair. ''What do we do?'' I shrugged. ''What can we do? I can't... I can't be whipped again.'' She frowned. ''We have to help them.'' I closed my eyes before nodding and we took off, toward danger.