Got To Get You Into My Life

i just love my husbands and i wanted to write something. i really enjoy the stoner sapnap trope as well. the title is a beatles song that john lenon wrote right after he started smoking weed... i just thought the title was cute for a confession fic. enjoy my beautiful people.

Summary: Sapnap likes to get high. Karl's never been high

Word Count: 3881- Fluff💚

The cold autumn breeze brushed across his flushed cheeks. The roof under him felt cold on his palms as he looked up into the dark sky. The stars twinkled bright as he exhaled smoke through his chapped lips. A small smile appeared on his face and he heard the window opening and closing behind him, the latch creaking as it was pushed closed.

"It's so cold, why are you out here?" Sapnap hummed turning to see the person who was joining him. "Sapnap, it's like 48 degrees out here." They said checking the temperature on their phone.

"It feels nice, plus do you want the apartment to smell like weed, Karl?" Sapnap said turning back to the beautiful night sky. His eyes scanned the sky looking for random shapes and constellations not even knowing what to look for.

"No!" Karl laughed sitting next to Sapnap, pulling his warm sweater sleeves over his hands, the action making Sapnap's face hot despite the cold air around them. "I just don't want you to get sick out here." He added sheepishly.

"I'm just going to finish this bowl then go inside." Sapnap said bringing the lighter to the bowl of the pipe and heating the plant that was in it. When smoke started to produce, he brought his lips to the end of the pipe, thumb over the carb, pulling the smoke deep into his lungs. He held it in and looked over at Karl, his expression calm as he watched the younger boy. He looked like he was deep in thought as he brought his sweater pawed hand up to his mouth.

"What is it like to be high?" Karl asked nervously. The question took Sapnap by surprise and he finally let the smoke free. He didn't answer and just grabbed his hand pushing his pipe into it. Karl giggled and pushed it back to him. "I think that would be too much for me." Sapnap thought for a moment, his face flushing at the intrusive thought. He shook his head, as if that would actually help clear the image, and giggles.

"It's fun." He said simply, turning to once again look at the starry sky.

"Thanks for the amazing explanation, Sapnap. I now truly understand what it's like to be high." Karl said rolling his eyes. His eyes scanned the others side profile before turning and looking at the sky with him. "I want to know what it's like, but I'm... scared?" He said leaning back on his elbows head falling further back, staring straight up.

Thoughts flooded Sapnap's mind again, knowing a way the boy could get high with out really smoking anything himself. He felt bad feeling like this for his friend and roommate, but he couldn't help it. The way he smiles, the sweater paws that are a constant part of his outfit, his little giggles when Sapnap tells a shitty joke. It started at the beginning of quarantine when the two became ultimately stuck together. He didn't know why he started feeling this way, but he started seeing the little things Karl was doing. Picking up on stuff he had never seen before. The way he runs his hand through his fluffy hair made Sapnap's stomach flip, and the smile he gave him when it was just them 2 made his heart stutter.

"Um, do you wanna try something? You can get high with out hitting this." He said motioning his pipe around in the air. He turned to see the other's head fallen back, staring at the sky. His hair flopped back, softly blowing in the wind. The older boy turned to him with a conflicted look on his face.

"What would I have to do?" Karl asked curiously. Sapnap's face flushed at the question. They looked at each other in silence for a moment before Karl sat up, setting his hands in his lap. Sapnap shook his head and looked down at roof, letting out a short huff of a laugh. He thought about explaining it but decided it would probably be better to just show him. He looked down at the bowl in his hands seeing it was still lit.