ᴅᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀᴀɪʟ ᴍɪx, ᴏʜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴇᴀᴅʟʏ ᴘʟᴀɴᴛ

Estella lay wide awake in her green satin bed, the soft snores of pansy filling her ears as she turned to her side in an attempt to get comfortable

      Estella lay wide awake in her green satin bed, the soft snores of pansy filling her ears as she turned to her side in an attempt to get comfortable. Her blonde hair had quickly become tangled from her constant adjustments. She rolled to her right until she fell off her bed with a thump. Estella quickly stands up rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, making a quick decision to explore the unfamiliar castle. She slipped on a denim jacket and pulled her hair into a messy bun. The tired girl pulled on some socks and pulled on her yellow converse that Draco got her for her birthday.

    She quickly and quietly opens the wooden door and tiptoes out and into the common room. Making sure to avoid any squeaky floorboards on the way down the spiral stairs. Once she enters her eyes are almost blinded by the amount of green, the carpet, walls, couches, and more. Estella fake gagged at the sight as she opened the green trimmed door. Her shoes squeaked against the floor as she walked up the dungeon stairs. She eventually found her way into a narrow, and long hallway with light at the end of it. Curiosity immediately got the best of her as she started walking, eventually, her speed picking up into running her hairband falling out allowing her hair to flow behind her.

    She eventually reaches the end after what felt like hours of running as she shimmies her way through the small opening as she is met with the pale glow of the moonlight. She looks around her and notices that she is in a small garden room; Estella assumed it was old from the vines that crawled up to the ceiling and across it. Estella's mouth drops in wonder slightly as she looks around admiring all the flowers and plants sprawled around the room. She hesitantly walks towards a small sunflower that had caught her attention. She slowly reaches her hand out and gently picks up the flower putting it behind her ear with a large grin spinning around in a circle.

  She lets out a soft giggle stopping her from spinning as she sees a small water fountain against the wall with small engravings that are hard to make out with the dust covering it. Estella walks over fumbling through her pockets for any cash to throw in. After Sorting through the random gum sticks and hair ties she manages to find an old knut which she quickly tosses in the water she goes on her tiptoes to watch it sink to the bottom.

  Estella smiles in satisfaction as she glances up to the sky lit room which contrasts greatly with the stone halls surrounding her. She takes a step back unconsciously when suddenly she feels something wrap tightly around her ankle pulling her quickly backward as her back slams against the brick wall.

     Ouch! She mentally exclaims as she turns her head to a dark green vine wrapping even tighter around her ankle as another wraps around her waist. "Devils snare" she mutters to know one quickly trying to reach into her pocket for her wand. as she is just about to reach the tip of her hand another plant wraps around her wrist pinning it to the wall behind her back. She grunts in surprise trying to find any sort of light to use against the vines.

   Her eyes scan the room looking for anything that she could use to help her situation, suddenly her eyes meet the grey eyes of a scrawny looking black dog. "H-hey doggy" she tries to smile hoping to comfort the unfamiliar animal. She quickly notes how small the plant is, once she realizes she can reach into the pockets she finds a matchbox that must have been from the previous owner. Taking her eyes of the dog she makes a quick decision as the snare wraps a vine around her neck.

   She tries to open the box with as little movement as possible and wiggles a match out of the box. She quickly rubs the head against the concrete ground and tosses it at the middle of the vines as they realize what has happened and lets her go as they let out squeaky cries of pain. Estella quickly scrambles to stand and picks up her wand from the floor "Lumos Solem" she whispers quietly watching the plants shrivel to the ground letting out faint cries until it becomes completely silent other than Estella's heavy breathing.

  She quickly turns her head to the dog, yet once again meeting its eyes "Hello boy" she smiles weakly limping over to him, her smile quickly turns into a frown once she realizes how skinny and sad the dog looks. "You hungry boy?" she questions with a soft voice. "Let me see if I still have..ah! There it is" she says pulling out some trail mix "this is all I got but is all yours" she smiles softly pouring the mix onto the floor for easier access to the dog. The dog quickly laps up the mix with a goofy look on his face, causing Estella to let out a chuckle "I'll be sure to sneak you some food tomorrow, does that seem okay?" they dogs head immediately nods rapidly as Estella nods in acknowledgment allowing a comfortable silence to fall upon the two misfortuned souls.

Authors Notes
Sorry for the short chapter, it's more of a filler 💙