Epilogue

Parker Matthews got way too much mail for his own good. Even better, none of it was adressed to him. He brought bill after thank you card after love letter to his mother for her outstanding beauty and dedication to the city. It wasn't really that great.

But one letter specifically caught his attention. There was no return adress, but instead a note saying " For someone who's special, but doesn't realize it."  Well, his mother certainly realized it.

So sixteen year old Parker tucked the letter into the waistband of his sweatpants and walked up the driveway, through the fog, and too his front door. he sat a stack of envelopes on the counter for his mother to look at when she got back later tonight; at midnight, probably.

Then, he trotted downstairs to his room, where he opened the letter and saw a list. 

Dear you,

It started:

I would like to start by saying you are very special!

Parker read the list, all of the things it was asking him to do. Everything was pretty much out of his comfort zone, his little bubble of self impoding that he wasn't ready to break. That was the thing, he didn't have anybody and whoever wrote this letter said he could. 

It's just a phase, his mom would say. You won't like boys forever, you won't always hate yourself. Trust me, you're my son. Everyone will love you eventually.

Probably not.

He folded the letter in half, setting it down and deciding against it. Then he picked it up again. Pulling out his laptop, he googled how to say hello in latin.

Salve. pronounced sal-way.

Then he said it.