Remembering and Babies

Sirius Black leaned against the door frame as he watched his daughter sleep

Sirius Black leaned against the door frame as he watched his daughter sleep. She was so like him in so many different ways he found it terrifying. He remembered when he started to freak out a few weeks before she was born.

   ¥¥¥¥¥¥

"Moony what the hell were we thinking?" Sirius said, pacing through the Potter's living room. All the Marauders sat in amusement as the man freaked out.

"Why did we think I would be allowed a baby. A human."

"Sirius-"

"What if they start dating. What if it's a girl. A girl like me."

"Then we won't have to watch this." James Potter muttered as Lily silently laughed beside him."

"This this is funny Lily! Imagine our future children falling in love!"

"Then they would be happy, Siri." Moony tried as his partner shrugged him off.

At this moment Marlene McKinnon walked in looking rather angry.

"Sirius Black, I hate you."

"What did he do?"

"I let him inseminate me with the most active damn baby in the world."
¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

"Thinking about her, aren't you."

Sirius turned to see Remus with a similar expression to his own.

"Do you ever feel bad?"

"Bad for what?"

"Leaving her. It was meant to be the best thing for her. Dumbledore said she'd be safe but she's broken. She literally frowns in her sleep."

"I feel guilty everyday. The best we can do is be there now. Especially now."

"She's going to have to fight. Isn't she. She is the most powerful human I have ever met. She could beat Dumbledore. How did we create that?"

"I haven't a got a clue Siri."

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

Remus Lupin fiddled with his fingers as he stared at the hospital door not too far away. Sirius Black muttered to himself about trouble as his best friend rubbed his back whilst chewing a licorice wand.

"How much longer Moony?"

"I don't know Siri."

Lily Potter chose that exact moment to excitedly leave the room with a big smile on her face.

"The baby's here."

With that the two new parents ran into the room with James not far behind.

They burst in to find a sweaty and tired Marlene looking at the crib in the corner of the room. The two men turned to see a bundle of white blankets.

Both slowly walking they saw their baby.

"It's a girl." Lily softly said as Sirius whispered, "Knew it."

James grinned knowing that Remus owed him five galleons.

Sirius slowly reached out to carefully pick up the light the light baby as she gurgled.

"Remus look, she made a sound."

"I'm next to you Padfoot, I know."

Sirius stared at the baby as she stared right back as her eyes changed to a vivid emerald.

"Lily, my baby's changing eye color, do they do that."

"Maybe she's a Metamorphmagus."

"Course she is." Remus muttered.

"Think how many pranks she gets away with now."

"Not the time James."

Sirius continued staring at her button nose as he turned to the love of his life.

"Do you want to hold her?"

Remus looked conflicted as he looked at the young baby.

"Yeah." He whispered as Sirius gently placed the newborn in his arms.

Remus raised his finger to stroke her cheeks as the grabbed onto it.

"What are you calling her?" Lily asked.

"Aurora Cassiopeia Lupin Black."

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥