Prolouge

Today, I am finally moving out of my hellhole of a place.

"Luciana! Are you finished packing now?" My dad implores, calling from downstairs.

"Almost," I fib. I don't even know why I lied. It seems so normal to lie to them now that it is becoming a habit. Oopsies.

I hurry up packing, plopping all of my valuables into large cardboard boxes. I run downstairs quickly, but only to see my mom and dad in the living room sitting on opposite couches looking very uncomfortable.

"Hey, we leaving now?" I inquire, walking over to my parents with my arms crossed over my black zip-up that's half-zipped and underneath is a black v neck top. For pants I'm wearing my favourite thing in the world, sweatpants.

"We are leaving in an hour. Go make yourself useful. Don't be late. Leave." my mom says instantly. Dad turns to hersnf gives her a dissaproving look.

Someone's rude today.

My walk is a bit honestly boring to be honest, but I need to keep my thoughts to myself. Otherwise, I might get kicked out by my oh so loving mother for trying to put some intelligence into her brain.

This is definitely not what I expected to happen today.

In the corner of my eye, I see a park and a small smile comes onto my lips, I take a turn and start walking there. Before I know it, I'm sitting on a swing, slowly going up and down lazily. There's no one I'm the park except for me. It's quite lonely. But I'm used to it.

I sit here for a long time and think— but sometimes my thoughts can be the death of me. It eats me up inside and spits me out. Turning all my good traits and thoughts into cold and dark feelings.

A tear flows down my right eye.

"Oh God." I whisper, carefully wiping my tear away, hoping that another one doesn't form.

Of course, it's the day where I wear not waterproof mascara because all my makeup is packed. My winged eyeliner is also perfect today, and I have no intention to wipe it off with tears just yet.

I get up from the swings before I turn into the freaking Niagara Falls.

Right when I come near my house, my mom walk out with more boxes in her hands. We couldn't afford to hire movers, so we had to do it ourselves. I almost feel bad for leaving her alone with all these heavy boxes, but then I reminder how she told me to go out and make myself useful so I shrug it off.

"Hey, time to go." mom lets out in a huff.

***

Moving from Canada to England is unusual.

We moved into an area filled with old houses that is live twice the size of my old house— and triple the age.

I did some research about the new area while driving here on my laptop, and I found out that almost all of the houses date was built in 1871–1884. now, moving here I can see that they were defiantly updated a bit, but not enough to make them appear modern.

the doors are all made from dark wood, the windows are enormous, and the area looks like it's straight out of a history book. everything is so different from our old house in Canada.

Now that I think of it, this may seem to be a better situation than I've expected it to be.

the new school I'm supposed to be going to is only fifteen minutes away from my house on a bike so I can easily bike there every day without having to warty about my parents driving me— or even me having to buy a car.

the school is one of the main things I'm not excited about. My last year of high school.

My gosh, Im getting old.

Although, 17 isn't that old.

I'm going to DeQuincey Academy. meeting new people is going to be the worst thing about moving.  I didn't have many friends in my old school, just one. her name is Charlotte, and we're still close even though I've moved. she's my best friend and has been for six years now.

"I moved your boxes into your new room. go unpack now." mom says as she puts her hand on my shoulder and I flinch.

I don't have a close relationship with my mom, and her touching me it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. I don't say anything about it because I know it's just me being weird. Id like to pretend that my mother is trying her best. But know that's not true.

I go upstairs to my room. it's placed on ren second floor and my bed is placed behind the front large windows I saw from outside. my dresser and nightstand are already there, so all I need to do is unpack all my clothes, personal items and room decorations.

this is going to be one heck of a ride.