Chapter five: france or dance

Sorry for not uploading in a while... school has been wayyyy too busy and I've been going out with my friends almost every day, which makes me too tired to write.

-------

Today, Merle and I decide to be spontaneous and do something we have definitely never done before.

Skipping school.

We know, we are big girls now.

We decided to go to her house to skip today because both of her parents are away on a work trip so she has the house to herself for two days. I woke up late today, at ten pm, and grabbed my stuff. I biked over to Merle's house within twenty minutes, which is nothing.

For the first half of the day, we spent the whole time gossiping to each other, even though it was mainly Merle telling me everything. Currently, it is five in the afternoon, and we are finally getting ready to go to the ball, which was the real reason why we skipped school.

"Stop moving your ugly face." I lightly grip onto her chin as I begin doing her makeup.

"Shut up," Merle mumbles as I proceed to curl her naturally long lashes.

Since I am the best out of the two of us doing make-up, we decided that I can do both of ours. And it's not even like I don't have time to do both of ours, the party starts at eight and it's currently seven.

I finish doing her makeup in ten minutes then begin doing mine.

Merle had said she wanted, quote on quote, 'a hot make-up look that will make every boy and girl in the room on their knees when they see me.'

Whatever that means, I have no clue.

Essentially, I had gone for a red makeup look to harmonize with her dress.

For myself, I wanted to go for a classy look and so I ended up going with red lipstick and dark eyeshadow.

We sit around after we're finished.

I'm starving so much I would a rat.

Now that I think of it, I definitely wouldn't eat a rat. But I'm still hungry.

Time passed quickly, and we spend the time giggling and gossiping. I find out a lot of drama about every person in this school.

And people here and clearly not playing around.

Nothing bad, except people here do the hard stuff.

I want their dealer. No, I don't. I'm playing.

"Jessica and Levi we're sat in but then they broke up and now Levi is dating Eliot and Jessica was like, super homophobic. No joke this girl called him all the slurs in the book."

I gasp and my eyebrows raise.

"You're joking."

"Unfortunately not."

"What the heck. Does she still go here? I used to go to kickboxing classes I'm sure I can beat her-" I put up my fists up as if I can actually do anything.

I was seven when I went to said classes

"Are you kidding? Of course, she got fuckin' expelled."

We fall back in what Merle calls 'shit-talking everyone that fuckin' exists'.

I did not choose the name.

"Merle, why don't you have a date for the ball?" I ask the question that I have been dreading.

She bites her lip.

"I mean- I was assuming that you just wanted a girl night, you know? But now I'm wondering why you didn't go with Jesse. Or some other person. You didn't have to go with me." I ramble while messing with my hands on my lap, while I'm sitting cross cross apple sauce.