Episode 2B: Crossfight

Episode 2B: CrossFight

"S-Sir! Multiple heat signatures coming in close at high speed!"

Just after they have defeated their intended target the Assault Team and ship crew's victory celebration were cut short after Fuuka warns them that there are unknown hostile signals that approaches the ship at alarming speeds, silencing every single Diver present.

"Hold it... what did you say!?" Z-r0 had his attention directed to the petite operator, wanting to reconfirm what did she just said.

Looking at her own panel screen, "Here they come! Coming in contact in 3, 2, 1..." The petite operator's usual cheerful attitude becomes an anxious expression after saying, "Behind...no, directly above us!"

""AHH!?""

As told by Fuuka numerous glowing objects coming straight above them smashes into the ship's stern and booster nozzles, causing a severe shaking on the whole combat vessel and severely damaging its propulsion systems. This made it difficult for the Vandalgion to move away from its current position, let alone escaping in this server.

""Kyaah!"" Grabbing their seats tightly the three operator girls screamed in fear as they felt that strong tremor inside the Bridge Tower, throwing the whole room into a state of confusion.

"Looks like we've got more bandits to hunt down..." Even with Z-r0 holding tightly on a steel handle bar he kept his focus and demanded, "Give me a damage report, now!"

"Gahh! W-What the!?" Falling on his feet after the tremor Xenny uttered in exasperated tone after receiving a Holographic situation report and an emergency repair order from the Bridge Tower, "AH? Aw great, more work!"

"Dammit, I never thought that there's more than just one of them...!" Witnessing the attack on the Vandalgion RJC had his Star Gundam held its shield up and began scanning the area for any signs of enemy units.

Following RJC's actions rUssEl and the Assault Team also goes on defensive positions around the ship as they look for the unknown attackers, carefully not to get hit by the glowing projectiles themselves. Though the vanguard units are out in the field and can be easily targeted by enemy fire it seems that only the Vandalgion is the focus of this continuous heavy barrage, as if the unknown hostiles are outright ignoring them.

And with this realization in mind, "All units, fall back and return to the ship!" Z-r0 gave out an order to the four vanguard units, "Use this chance to rearm and repair your machines!"

Lucille also contacted the four units and said, "The right deck hatch's open, hurry!"

""Roger!"" Both RJC, rUssEl and the Assault Team pair responded in unison at their comm link, and they proceed to follow Lucille's instructions.

As soon as the Assault team rushes inside the ship Z-r0 asks one of the three operators with, "Marina, can we still move?"

"Ye-Yes, but..." The violet-themed female avatar answered with a confused look, "We can only make it about 3-5 klicks away from this current position before our propulsion systems would gave out..."

"Alright then." Upon learning this the masked avatar then directed, "Have us relocate below that battered enemy unit. let's see if we can hide there for the time being."

"Yes, sir." Marina types in on her (or his) console with the monitor showing a diagram of their ship's position and its predetermined route.

Firing up its remaining functional thrusters the Vandalgion cruises slowly and stops below the remains of the previously defeated Psyco Gundam, using it as a makeshift shield/bunker. The heavy barrage still continues to pour out, but now it only hits the massive Gunpla's broken chest plating and torso armor.