Episode 2 : A New Star Appears

GBN Server 15, Earth-Venus Space Debris Zone

The M.C.S. Vandalgion has received another job order from the Admins; cleaning off the residual data from servers. These residual data appear as scrap metals all over GBN, ranging from broken MS parts to ship ruins and fallen superstructures. They are the result of excess data unintentionally created by the game system from countless Gunpla scanning and battles, materialized over and over again until they fill up a whole server. If left unchecked it will overload the game system and cause a troublesome bug on GBN, something akin to a Break Decal's effects.

"Oh, a Strike Noir's remains... get!!"

"Hrmm..."

"Hey look, a DX's backpack. Good thing it's still intact somehow..."

"Ugh...."

Xenny and rUssEl are on their Mobile Workers, picking up any usable scraps that can be converted to parts data while cleaning off the space debris that's scattered across the whole Server 15, somewhere between Earth and Venus' orbit.

"Why are we collecting these things, anyway? Can't we just get a kit of these from our hobby store?" rUssEl asks his on-site co-worker, as his green Mobile Worker is segregating the scrap metals from MS parts that gets tangled to its garbage-collecting net equipment.

"Using these things as parts data would save us the trouble of doing so." Xenny explains in detail while his purple Mobile Worker is helping out to retrieve any recyclable MS part, "I for one only want this DX's Satellite cannon backpack for my custom Gunpla, and I don't want to waste a quarter of my salary here just for a kit that I would store away most of its parts in my cabinet for a long time. Using the points I earned here and this parts data would save me a lot of trouble and money than buying the actual kit. It's now a lot more pragmatic to obtain certain Gunpla parts ever since GBN had become online."

"I see...." rUssEl nodded in response, absent-mindedly putting the metal scraps to a shredder-like device equipped at the back of his machine.

"..."

"..."

A rather awkward intermission of silence occurs after their conversation as they continue on collecting scraps and segregating them.

"..."

"..."

In the middle of this silence, "By the way, where's the captain?" this time Xenny was the one who asks a question, as he recalled that he haven't seen P.K.T. lately.

"He's been summoned by the Admins to discuss things about some Divers that's causing trouble lately in GBN." With his machine grinding a large metal scrap rUssEl reported, "Lately the black market has been more lively these days, and a few Divers seemed to be involved with those rumored counterfeit model kits that have been appearing here in the game."

"...There's a black market here in GBN?!" Xenny exclaimed from rUssEl's revelation, as if he couldn't believe that there's an illegal trade system inside GBN itself.

Seeing his coworker's reaction rUssEl then realized and said to Xenny, "Ah, right. You've just started playing GBN with us for seven months, so you didn't know..."

"...Huh? What do you mean?" Xenny only became more confused from rUssEl's words, believing that rUssEl's reasoning clashes with GBN's Terms of use and regulations.

"Every popular online games have their own illegal side." rUssEl further explained his earlier statement, "It's one of the biggest reasons as to why some online games are so much popular than other contemporary ones found on the net. It's one of their largest source of income, and that is why they are allowed to operate inside the game albeit in secret. And with GBN's black market goes down surely this game's also in danger of being shut down."