21. Royally Screwed

Chapter Twenty-One : Royally Screwed

•°• ✾ •°•

     As soon as everyone realized what Ultron's plan was, they came up with a plan of their own to stop him from accomplishing his goal. Everyone changed back into their suits and got on the Quinjet. They had to drop off Tony in Oslo and Bruce at the Tower while Natasha, Clint and Valencia went to Seoul with Steve to find Ultron. Clint got the Quinjet near Helen Cho's lab and Steve went out to check if she and her staff were okay while Clint, Natasha and Valencia stayed on the Quinjet and listened through their earpieces.

     "He's uploading himself into the body. The real power is inside the Cradle. The gem, its power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to Stark," Helen said, her voice shaking.

     "You guys copy that?" Steve asked.

     "We did," Clint answered.

     "We got a private jet taking off across town. No manifest. That could be him," Natasha said.

     "There," Clint said. Valencia looked outside the windshield and Clint pointed at a truck. "It's a truck from the lab."

     Valencia saw the truck Clint was talking about while he let Steve know where it was so he could go after it. "If that truck crashes, the gem could level the city. We need to draw out Ultron," Steve said.

     Natasha prepared to go down there while Steve was busy keeping Ultron distracted and riled up. She had a bike ready and waited for Clint to get the Quinjet close enough to the ground for her to land smoothly to catch up with the truck. 

     "We got a window. Four, three . . . Give him hell," Clint said as the Quinjet opened and Natasha's bike landed on the road. While she was speeding past the cars to catch up to the truck that had the Cradle inside, Valencia was still on the Quinjet waiting for Clint to get her close enough to the truck so she could jump right out and assist Steve. "We're heading under the overpass but I've got no shot."

     "Which way?" Natasha asked.

     "Hard right . . . now," Clint said.

     Clint came around with the Quinjet and started shooting at Ultron while Valencia tied her hair into a ponytail to keep it out of her face. "My turn," she said with a crooked grin.

     Once the Quinjet was close enough, she jumped out and landed on the roof of the truck and immediately threw a force field at Ultron. While two of his bots were going after the Quinjet, Valencia and Steve were left with Ultron. She kept throwing projectile force fields at any part of his robotic body she could hit which distracted him long enough for Steve to grab him and throw him into a nearby pillar. Ultron retaliated and pushed them right into a nearby train full of people and Steve threw his shield at him while Valencia pushed him with a force field from behind. Ultron knocked Steve onto the ground then grabbed Valencia and threw her to the other side of the train cart.