🃏Faster Car🃏

"Feel alive when I'm in this town."
-Loving Caliber {Faster Car}

^Ren

^Ren

{wearing a dark red crochet off the shoulder, cropped top-black and white Kanji punk pants-red docs-a black windbreaker- and the car is a white chevy camaro M228(I think, I don't know much about cars so don't come at me)she has a black chinese dragon tattoo on her left shoulder blade, a small black snake tattoo on her lower back, red-maybe kanji tattoos over her knuckles though what they say is beyond me, the symbols of all four card suits tattooed on her left inner wrist, and a kina watercolor style rainbow line tattoo to symbolize her sexuality}

Outer Banks, North Carolina

"I lost my scholarship. Walked out in the middle of the interview. Every--it's gone. It's not gonna happen." Pope says making me shake my head, walking a few steps back. "You did that for us?" Like hell he did.

"No, not for us. For nothing." He stands up, getting in her face. "I'm here for you, Pope. Welcome to my world." JJ slings his arm over his shoulders. I scoff, I can't even look at them right now. "JJ...."

"What, Kie? He's right. It doesn't matter anymore." I can feel the tears starting form, but I hold them in as I see a familiar face. I perk up, and start rushing towards him.

"John B," my voice is like a whisper as I say his name, I throw myself at him, my arms going around his neck. "Who's blood is that?" I pull away and catch sight of his hands. With narrowed eyes, I look for the cop cars producing the piercing sounds of the sirens, and I'm quickly pulled down by JJ once we see the vehicle.

*

*****

I stand under one of the tents lining the shoreline, waiting for any possible intel on John B and sarah. John B was basically a brother to me, we'd grown up together since the first grade. Now, he's off on a boat with with the daughter of a monster.

We wished John B off earlier, giving him the plan for him to get off safely. The sky had already started darkening around that time due to the fastly arriving storm, but we prayed together we'd all get through this with no loss.

We'd been escorted to this tent where we wait, and listen to cops trying to get them back. I've been on the verge of a breakdown since John B took off, and the thunder and lightning every five seconds is not helping.

I can hear all the discussions on what there going to try and do about the situation. The lighthouse gains its power back and shines brightly on the boat, causing a commotion and I try to rush to watch, only to be held back by some officers.

I see the heavy waves mess them all around in the water, it's a dangerous journey through. "Ren, come on, he'll be fine!" JJ yells to me, grabbing me from the cops and holding me to his chest, though it does nothing.

Shoupe walks into the tent, and I break myself away from JJ and stand in front of him. "Did you find him?" Pope is the first to talk through our silence. "No." With furrowed eyebrows I shake my head in denial. "So he got away?"

"We, uh...we lost them. I'm sorry." In that moment, my heart drops. My body feels light, almost separate from myself. I've dealt with losing people before but it never hit as hard as this. "You lost them? What do you mean you lost them? Like, they're gone? What are you talking about?"

"They took an open boat into a tropical depression, Pope." I can barely feel the tears as they roll down my face. "So they're dead?" I mumble out, needing the validation of this whole day.

"We don't know." The way he said it gave me no hope. "You drove them straight through the storm, man! Are you kidding me? Come here!" I watch it all unfold, JJ lunging at Shoupe, Kie and Pope trying to calm him down.

I stand there as Kie, and Pope's parents walk in, and hug their kids and I'm just kind of there, without anyone to help me. Kie's mom tries to bring me into her embrace but I step away, my eyes wide and breathing heavy.

I continue walking back until my foot catches on something and I start to fall back but I'm caught by JJ who tightly hugs my shaking figure, and the others surround us is the embrace.

"It's gonna be okay, we'll get him back." JJ whispers to me, though it's drowned out by my empty thoughts and the drilling rain.

⁛⁛⁛

"Promise me you'll go meet us where we've planned." Kie demands, leaning in through the rolled down window as I sit in the driver seat of my car. "I promise you will see me there. I'll send y'all things, I'll make sure you guys can take care of the situation here. I'll miss you." I smile at them.

"Pope, I know you can get where you were planning to be in life. Kie, stay with the good crowd, don't screw off all the time with these two losers. JJ, you know I love you with all my heart, so please stay on the right path, don't fuck your life up. I need the three of you to promise that you'll grow to be the best you can be. I love y'all and will see you again."

"I can't promise much, but I can give you a little hope by saying I won't fuck myself over like my dad." JJ tells me, wrapping his arm around Kie with a sad smile on his face.

"I know I gave up my scholarship for all this, but I will get somewhere, and you better send something good for us." I laugh. "Don't worry Pope, only the best for you."

"Don't worry, I'm happy with what I got. I know you gotta be off now, but please stay safe, we're counting on you to make it back." She hands me a small velevet jewelry box. I look up at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"Hey, and make sure you go somewhere with a nice beach, put those surfing skills to good use." JJ says with a wide grin. "I'll make sure everyone knows I got some skills, but I really must leave, I have to make it somewhere decent by tonight. I'll find a good place, so rest easy while I'm gone, y'all stay safe too, I'll be back."

They step back from my car, waving as I start to drive off the dirt road to make way to the highway. It's not the best goodbye to the place I've lived in for basically my whole life, but it's the only way to get this whole thing to work.

◀ ▩ ▶

UNEDITED because I just write as I go and don't really care to go back and read it all.

So uh-sorry if you haven't watched Outer Banks but I was watching it the other day and somehow came up with this.

This story is probably going to be a strange mix of Outer Banks (I think really only this chapter though so don't worry), Alice In Borderland (it is a Kuina x oc), and The Fast and the Furious (I think only the fifth movie and maybe sixth, we'll see)

This story is about street racing, though I don't know much about cars, so don't come at me if I fuck something up. There will be some situations based off of real events such as substance abuse, suicide, and other issues so if those things don't work well with you, read with caution I suppose.

The Alice in Borderland card situation will be implemented into this story in its own way, so look out for that if you want.

If you want a story about only Alice in Borderland- then check out my other story "Snake Eyes" it's a Chishiya x oc