21

"I'm back!- What the fuck?"

Hawks entered the apartment only to find Dabi stuffing his face in the cake from earlier. The boy rushed over to accompany him and smiled.

"You're gonna get stomach cramps"

"Where were you? It's my birthday! And you ditched me after that whole mess-"

Hawks kissed him to stop him from talking, Dabi reciprocating this action in return. He felt his body become less tense and let him go.

"I was having a chat with Shigaraki"

"I'm sorry?! A chat?"

"Relax, we just talked things out..."

"I don't believe you"

"You should, I'm quite the charmer for these kinds of things"

"You mean it? He's okay?"

Keigo nodded and his roommate put the plate down, grabbed his wrist, and dragged in him into the bedroom where they wrapped themselves in. They started watching Spongebob for the rest of the night, Hawks under Dabi's arm as they put their attention on the episode.

"Hey.. Touya?"

"Hm..?"

"I'm sorry"

Those words echoed in the black-haired boy's ears. It was a phrase so foreign to him at this point that once he heard it come out of his mouth he couldn't stop but freeze. Before he could process anything though, he felt the blonde's body jumping slightly, he was crying. His sniffling and jumping only got louder, and Touya couldn't avoid it. Using his arm that was around him, he pulling him close to plant a kiss on his head. They then looked at each other, their gaze being intense. Touya knew why he was apologizing.

"It's alright"

"It's not.. Shigaraki was right"

"Shigaraki?"

"You shouldn't even be giving me a chance after all the shit I put you through, I was so clueless!"

"Shhh.. It's over now, you're here with me now, I'm not mad, see?"

"I don't wanna put you through that pain again"

"I know you're not"

Hawks continued to shake softly in his arms, stuck with these overflowing thoughts. It all just happened so suddenly, it was like he couldn't control himself. He always kept in feelings in check, which is why even he was surprised by his current state.

"This is the worst birthday you've ever had, I'm sorry, let's go somewhere nice so I can make it up to you- We can go to the museum or-"

"You're wrong, this has definitely been my favorite birthday"

"Oh fuck you, now's not the time to be crackin' jokes"

"But I'm being serious"

"Why?"

"Because you're with me.. you know.. like that. I couldn't have asked for a better gift"

"For fuck sakes.. I'm going to run out of tears"

They laughed in unison, and slowly but surely Hawks calmed down and laid silently in his arm. He had felt it, the it Shigaraki mention. The it he couldn't put into words. His chest warmed up and his cheeks went red. He shifted his head up to look at Touya who was already asleep.

"Thank you" he whispered before getting more comfortable and resting his head deeper into his shoulder, it didn't take him long to fall asleep either. 

a/n: I present to you the final chapter jiji, I really wanted to end up on a sweet note bc Initially it was not going to end like this. i always wanted this fic to be short and sweet bc there wasn't much to go,, anyways thank you to everyone who read and voted it means to world to me and has motivated me to do more works. next ill be doing the dabixreader fic i had in mind so pls be patient with me NJDEWA mwah