1/2

As Taehyung loaded his bag, in the car, he couldn’t help but complain again. He didn’t want to be up so early, didn’t want to go camping and certainly didn’t want to go there alone with the maknae for a whole day and night. He couldn’t blame Jungkook however. It wasn’t his idea after all, it was Namjoon’s.

“Please Taehyung, do it for me,” he had said with his pleading eyes, the ones which no one could resist but agree to.

Jungkook had complained as well and Namjoon had dealt with him as well. It was ironic that the camping idea was meant for them to bond, when the one thing they did agree to was that they weren’t interested in camping alone together.

But having agreed to it and with no way to back out of it, they had left home fairly early on Saturday, both men grumpy and complaining to each other. Jungkook didn’t trust the boy and knew that he would have to watch his back with his Hyung around. There was no anticipating what devilish plot Taehyung might come up with to torture him. It was Taehyung’s favourite pastime it seemed and Jungkook his favourite victim. But for the moment at least, the boy was sleeping on the passenger seat. Getting up early on a weekend is never easy for any of them after all.

It took little over an hour before the boys arrived at their designated camp site. Namjoon had chosen a peaceful forest spot for them rather than public camping grounds. He said that being completely alone together without opportunities to meet and socialise with other people would help the bonding. Also, he secretly wanted to avoid giving Taehyung any opportunity to humiliate the maknae in public.

As Jungkook stopped the car, Taehyung woke up and yawned loudly. He looked around and was surprised to find the area to his liking. The camping spot was a clearing surrounded by tall trees and as the boy opened the door, he heard a small river not too far in the distance. A circle of stones was set on the ground. As he stretched, Jungkook opened the trunk to bring out the tent and other camping gear. The food would remain in the car, to avoid attracting any wild animals.

Jungkook laid out the schematics for the tent and studied them for a moment. “Alright, so if I put this here…” he said as he planted a stake in the ground to set the tent, “and I put this one here… and I attach this here…” One could almost believe that he knew exactly what he was doing; ‘almost’ being the key word. Taehyung knew the boy well enough to know that he was basically guessing and not really thinking through his methods. As he planted the last stake, Jungkook took a step back to look at his work. Three full seconds later, a small gust of wind brought it swiftly to the ground, to Taehyung’s laughter.

“Why you bastard!,” Jungkook angrily said as he strangled his Hyung in revenge.

Over an hour later, the tent had been correctly set up thanks to Taehyung’s better ability to read the manual. After gathering firewood for the night, they decided to hike up a trail and see what they could find. They first went to see the river, where Taehyung proceeded to push the maknae into the water, with ensuing hilarity. They then found a bee nest and Jungkook was forced to jump back into the river when he tried to steal some of their honey. Generally however, they enjoyed their time out, although didn’t converse much. Taehyung and Jungkook still were not interested in the experience together.

Hours went by rapidly and as night crept near, the boys found themselves on a small hill near their campsite. They climbed on a large rock and laid on their backs to watch the sun set.

“Wow,” Jungkook said in awe. “You know Tae, this is life. We can just stay here and watch the sunset, without a care in the world.”

Taehyung was beginning to be a little bored at this point. The day had been active and he admitted to finding the hike fun, but sunsets with the maknae were not his thing. He just wanted to go to bed and be tomorrow so he could go back home, watch cartoons and play with Jimin. He made a loud snoring sound to illustrate his point.