Chapter 1

"Lilly wake up!" her mother's voice yelled, "You're going to be late for your first day!" she woke up to that. It would be her first day at her new job at the Quantico bau headquarters. "Alright I'm up!" she cried out in an attempt to convince herself she was awake. Luckily the night before she had already picked out her outfit. Still, clothes, socks, and shoes were flying. She then ran to the bathroom brushing through her hair hoping it won't look too crazy and threw some blush, eyeshadow, and mascara on. She was confident in herself without makeup she just wanted to present herself nicely for her first day.

She had just gotten to bau headquarters five minutes before she was needed to be there, of course, she always likes to be at least ten minutes early so she was mentally freaking out. She had no idea what the team was like or if they would even like her. She tended to be awkward and ramble on and on when she was nervous. She soon walked into the building and then through the bullpens doors. She had to remind herself to keep her breathing steady and nervous ticks away from the profilers watching her.

She rushed past the group of four people surrounding a desk staring intently at her as she walked by. She rushed up to SSA Hotchners office and knocked on the door. "Come in" she heard from behind the door. She walked into the door trying to control her shaking. " You must be SSA Emerald," he said reaching his hand out to shake. She smiled and winced as she waved at him. The amount of germs that are contained on the human hand were staggering, and she was a bit of a germaphobe. "Dr. Emerald actually," she stated. "Right, you can call me Hotch everyone does." he said and retracted his hand, "I think you and Dr. Reid would get along great." She was greatly confused by his statement. She knew she should've done some sort of research on the team. "Follow me to the roundtable so you can meet everyone, we just got a case we'll brief on the jet. Do you have your gun qualifications?" he asked "Yes I got them and my gun yesterday" She stated showing the gun in her holster.

They both got to the roundtable as he gathered the rest of the group. It was the same four surrounding a desk plus the additional Italian man. "Wheres Reid?" Hotch questioned, "Right here!" a scrawny very, very attractive man ran into the room. His dark hair was fluffy and frizzy going in all directions. His clothes were crumpled and messy and as his eyes met yours, your jaw physically dropped.

Hotch then took the initiative to start introducing you to the team. The first man came up to you. He had coa-coa brown skin and was very appealing to look at. "My names Derek Morgan" he introduced raising his hand to shake yours. " Lily Emerald," she said as she waved back grimacing at the hand near her. "You do know the human hand has up to 1,500 bacteria living on each square centimetre of skin right?" she replied his hand still in the air to reach hers as his jaw dropped. "Wow! We have a tiny Reid now." he stated slightly at a loss of words. "I'm sorry." she instantly worried that the team wouldn't like her now.

She looked to the floor and hung her head avoiding any and all eye contact. "No, No, No don't be sorry sweet cheeks!" A very colorful and cheerful person beamed and bustled over to her instantly hugging her. She hugged you tight the grimace on your face very apparent as you let your anxious ticks take over and you began tapping your fingers back and forth trying not to freak out, not hugging her back she let go of you and noticed your distress. "I'm so sorry I should've known you wouldn't like hugs either, my names Penelope Garcia I'm the team's technical analyst!" she gushed. "Lily Emerald" she waved back and tried to smile even though all she could think about was the man in the corner grimacing with and for her.

As she tried to take her mind off of all the germs and bacteria just transferred two of the other agents came up. The first to talk was the one with black hair and a very attractive smile. "Emily Prentiss, nice to meet you." she said. The second girl started talking right after her " and I'm Jennifer Jareau, JJ if you like!" "Nice to meet you both!" you beamed happily by the fact they respected your germ issue.

The nice Italian man sitting in the seat nodded at you "I'm Rossi you must be Dr. Emerald nice to have you on the team." "Thank you I'm glad to be here" you replied as everyone started looking around stunned at the fact that you had been called a doctor.

"Let me guess you can read 2000 words per minute have an IQ of 187 and have an eidetic memory." Derek guessed. You furrowed your brow slightly confused. "How'd you know I can read 2000 words per minute and have an eidetic memory?" she questioned "but actually I only have an IQ of 180" she mumbled slightly disappointed. The team stared at her in awe.

The only member yet to introduce themself to her stood in the corner smiling "Dr. Spencer Reid" he introduced smiling at her anxiety-ridden face. "Dr. Lily Emerald, I'm guessing you're the genius they keep comparing me to?" she questions not wanting to look stupid in front of this stupidly attractive man. "Yeah but don't let them get to you, what do you specialize in?" "Physics, chemical engineering and have I degrees in psychology and sociology." she said as she played back the words that often left people uneasy near her. " What do you specialize in?" she questioned back. "I have doctorates in mathematics, chemistry, and engineering. I also have undergrad degrees in psychology, sociology and, philosophy." he answered, "Wow! that's impressive." "Thanks, yours is too!" he replied to your comment. "Okay pretty boy stop flirting with the new girl" Morgan commented ultimately making Reid and I blush towards each other. " I wasn't even flirting Derek!" He whined," mhmm okay pretty boy sure..." Irritating Spencer further. "Stop fighting boys," JJ commented making them stop arguing.

Hotch stepped forward "We have a case guys we'll brief on the jet wheels up in 30."

A/N Hey guys if you have any recommendations on how to improve my writing further I'll be happy to listen. But also please be aware I havent ever written a fanfic before and havent wrote anything in 5 years. 1145words.

Love you, be safe,Finley💕