Chapter 04; watermelon

It's been 15 minutes since your friend went inside

'was i in there this long too? I feel like it was only 5 minutes though.' you think.

The corridor is isolated. Only two people went passing you for all these 15 minutes and not even the person who bumped into you appeared.
Another three minutes pass. You suddenly have nothing to do with your phone too.

Then the door opens and your friend comes out. She signals you to come to her without closing the door. You stand up and go. She goes in when you get there without saying anything and so you follow her in.

"sorry y/n for making you wait. We just finished auditioning her. Now we want to see you two sing together. Sing something for us will you?" says Mr. Park.

You look at your friend and look at the judges and say "yes.."

You sing Older by Sasha Sloan and That's Ok by DO. Those two songs that both of you truely love.
You must have done pretty well cause when you finish they smile and clap.
You don't know what to feel.
Whether to feel relieved or nervous again.

Then Ms. Kim calls someone and it is the receptionist from earlier. They tell you to leave with her and that your results will be emailed by tomorrow morning. You thank them and leave with the receptionist.

She takes you to another room and there, they check your height and weight. You get some photographs taken. You fill your application forms and then you get to leave. The receptionist asks you whether you would like to go to the cafe and you say yes. So you keep following her to the first floor (that's when you realize that you were in the third floor) and she shows you the way to the cafe.

You buy a lemon juice for your friend and a watermelon juice for you plus some chocolate cake

You buy a lemon juice for your friend and a watermelon juice for you plus some chocolate cake. You get your food and sit at the table infront of the cashier.
Thanks to the orange lights they have used for decorating, the cafe looks cozy and warm. Compared to the corridor, the cafe is full of people. They are chatting and it looks like they all know each other. They are dressed in different coloured clothes but all of them look busy. They are finishing there food in a hurry. When you look at the time, it's 1.15 . It must be their break time.
The only odd thing you feel is that you didn't see any idol yet. Since the morning, no one. You don't have any idea what you are going to do when you see one either.

You eat and drink without any talk, thinking and looking around.

You are halfway done with your watermelon juice when you hear the first English words you hear for the last 15 minutes. They are,

"oh! (pause) you!!??"

The voice belongs to a man and it sounds too oddly familiar and familiarly loud.

You don't care to turn around and then someone comes to your table. He is standing on your left side and you look up at the person. He is wearing a maroon hoodie and a pair of harry potter glasses. For one second you wonder whether it's really Harry Potter.
You stare at him and he does the same for sometime smiling at you. And then he says,

"It's you right? The girl from the corridor?"

You say nothing. And you turn your head to the direction where your friend is sitting cause you hear her standing up pushing her chair loudly. She is looking at the man, her eyes widened and pointing at him.

"M-m-mark? M-mark l-lee??" she says.

You make a what-nonsense-is-she-talking-about face and look at the man again.

He is now looking at your friend. Looking surprised, he says

"do you know me?"

'wait.... WHAT?' you think.

And you stand up and still you have to lift your head up to see his face clearly. And you see him verry well now.

It IS MARK LEE!!

He looks at you and seeing your surprised face he says,

"you know me too??" smiling but still surprised.

And just then you hear someone say,
"hyung!!! Yeogiwa!"

And you look straight over his shoulder just to confirm to whom that more oddly familiar voice belongs to. You see him and yes it IS him.

Then you-still-can't-believe-it's-mark-lee Mark Lee looks at you two alternatively and says

"could you please wait? I''ll be back" and smiles again.

He stll keeps looking at you to say 'ok' and when you nod, he leaves.

You sit down and your friend follows you.

'The Mark Lee from NCT. The Mark Lee from Superm. The Mark Lee who loves watermelon. The Mark Lee who raps. The Mark Lee who dances. The Mark Lee who somtimes sings. The Mark Lee who is from Canada. The Mark Lee who is in my lock screen. It was that Mark Lee? The Mark Lee that i know?

Is this really happening?'

Thank you for reading. I'm trying my best to make the story interesting. 💚

Ps: if you haven't listened to Older by Sasha Sloan or That's Ok by DO, pls do listen. You won't regret. 😉🙂