A promise| Remus Lupin

A/n: First time writing Remus, hope I did my boy justice. He's a sweetheart and deserves the world. Hope you like it! Leave a comment or vote if you do <3

"So you're leaving? Just like that?" You ask when he sits down on the couch in front of the one you were sitting in. You had heard him talk with his girlfriend about moving after graduation and of course, there's nothing wrong with that. What bothered you was that she wanted to leave England.

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh don't be daft Remus, you know what I'm talking about." he really seemed clueless but the fact that he had taken such a big decision and hadn't even told you yet had hurt you. It was something one would immediately tell their best friend, was it not?

"I don't, seeing as my girlfriend asked me to move in her and I reckon there's nothing wrong with that." But of course, in true Remus and y/n fashion, whenever one of you bit the other answered right away.

"Your girlfriend wants to move on the other side of the globe Remus!" And so you snapped, surprising all of your friends around you beside the man of the hour and your boyfriend Sirius since both of them knew you like the back of their hands.

"So?" he asked causing you to scoff

"Don't you remember?" your voice got very quiet almost as if you didn't want him to hear

"We made a promise to always be together," you explained after seeing his puzzled expression.

Realization washed over his face and you knew the memory of you two in the back of his yard played in his mind. The day, at 11 years old, you promised that no matter what, you'd never leave the other alone.

For as long as you could remember, you and Remus had always spent the summer together. Since you attended different schools, you didn't have a lot of time to spare to see each other as much as you'd like during the school year, so as soon as it ended you tried to spend every moment you could together. Of course, now that both had received the letter from Hogwarts, things were going to change. You couldn't wait to finally attend school with your best friend.

So here you both were, swaying on the swings in the park near your house while Remus was on the ground next to them reading a book. The boy could always be found with his nose buried in a book but you never minded much seeing as it could be said the same for you.

However, since the letter arrived, your mind was filled with excitement for this new adventure that awaited you but also, you couldn't help but have a lot of questions about the future.

"Where do you see yourself in ten years?" you asked him not stopping the swing.

Remus didn't answer you right away but you knew you had caught his attention.

"I don't know. I've never thought about it."

"Really?"

"Well, yeah I mean we all know my... condition isn't going make things easier for me."

"Is that why you don't like to think about the future?" He just nodded but you knew it was because he didn't like to talk about it so you quickly changed the subject.

"I don't like it either you know, but I do hope you'll be in it."

Your bond with Remus wasn't exactly a secret. Everyone who knew you, was aware of your tight knit relationship. However, being both shy and reserved, you never really outed your feelings for each other with words. Your constant presence at the other's side was enough of a statement.