Teenagehood : Story story

First of all, I apologize for the "super" late update 😩. "emabinu."
Happy New Year ❤❤ wishing y'all a prosperous 2021.
On a side note, there'd be a little deviation, so instead it's more of a short story something 😂. Here are some couple of articles or rather "stories." Series of prompt entries I did sometime last year. Read, comment and let me know your favorite. ❤

⌐╦╦═─ Once Upon A Graduand.

The mood in Royal Academicians University was that of celebration. Four years of hardwork and burning the midnight candle had finally paid off. The Graduants all had a bright smile on their faces. Their parents, families and friends were there to celebrate with them another milestone.

The time the student had all been waiting for has finally commenced. The time to call out the best graduating student in the department of medicine. Rumours had spread that  the person who broke the record emerged with a first class. At first it was unbelievable but the source whom they had it from couldn't be doubted. They all wanted to see the person who had broken the curse.

In RA university, myths have evolved  about a brilliant student who was asked my her lecturer to either sleep with him or have an F in his course. Being the good girl that she was, she stood her ground but alas! the lecturer went ahead to carry give her a "F" in his course and so she had a carryover in that course, which was actually her best course by the way.
She couldn't bear the shame and as such withdrew from the university. Though, the secret got leaked and the lecturer was dismissed, it was too late as the girl had travelled out of the country. Five years had passed since the department of medicine  produced a first glass graduate, hence the myth.

People had their speculation on who would emerge First Class. Some people believed that it that would be Fefe, an introverted, brainy student or Dayo, a cool genius of the same department. But then, all these were just guesses.

As soon as the Vice Chancellor mounted the podium. Silence descended in the hall. The silence that ensued was such that even a pin would sound it dropped.

"Welcome to the annual convocation ceremony...........", Fefe zoned out as soon as the Vice Chancellor started his speech. Her mind was on who would be the best graduating student in her department. That was a dream that she had nurtured since her first year and although she knew that she had a chance, she still had that doubt in her heart.

The clap from the audience jilted her back to reality "Ladies and gentlemen, the moment you've waiting for, and the best graduating student in the department of medicine is no other than, the Vice Chancellor stopped as he scanned the faces. Some were glaring at him, others had anxiety written on their faces. He knew that they all wanted to know the person but a little play won't hurt, right?

He cleared his throat as took a quick glance at the paper in his hands. A smile made his way to his face as he saw the name " Adeotun Fehintola"

It was as if the earth stopped moving, she could feel her heartbeat. She took a quick glance at her friends who were seated two seats away from her. They gave her a small smile, the type that serves as an encouragement. She took a look at the crowd and her eyes landed on her brother who beamed at her and her families who waved at her.

Slowly and majestically, she made her way to the podium. The Vc shook his hand at her and took a step back. Fefe took a deep breath as she started her speech.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Fehintola is my name," they all laughed as she said this. Most people knew her as Fefe, infact some were confused when the name Fehintola was called.

" I would be a liar if I said that I expected this, but then I guess I just have to say my speech." "Permit me to borrow this amazing piece of art from famous poet, Timi. In her master piece that won the poetry award this year.