Midnight's Flight

Paralyzed. The numbness spreads in a way that hurts, even though there's a lack of feeling. It spreads up to your chest, waiting to rest on your heart, forever as an unbearable force, inflicting too much pressure. The pressure weighs you down. With a heavy heart, you feel the non-feeling pain. The screams hidden in you your lungs turn to dust as they try to escape your body.

Your vision is blurred by the dark, and by the blood warm tears that escape your eyes as a reaction to the non-feeling pain. They disappear from your face as you fall and the air brushes your arms in a harsh pack of needles. They claw straight through your skin, but you don't feel it. You feel cut into pieces. The ground doesn't seem to be getting any closer, though you know it's coming.

Your heart imitates a victim's, pounding on a confined, clustered, closet door. Beats too fast for the blood to keep up, and your breathing is no longer harsh, but defiant to escape. The shock sternly implants itself right there in the core of your existence. Your thoughts are no longer present, your sight is nonexistent, your self-awareness follows. You continue to fall as, not a being, but as a void, as a body, as an inanimate object. No persona, no perspective, no intention. An abandoned shelter for your essence is the only thing left.

The landing is brutal, red, and flows in a liquid state on the contrasting, gray pavement. Screams, sirens, cries, and gasps fill the air. The mutual, yet silent panic spreads in the entire atmostphere.

Your purpose is gone, but where are you?