Rowan, a Letter

Rowan,

You've been distant lately and I'm worried about you. You've been writing non-stop since...you know. Every time I try to talk to you, you ignore me because you're either lost in whatever story you're writing, or lost in your own head, most likely thinking about what to write. The couple times you've talked in the past month, you've been really short with me, and you're actions are getting hostile.

I love you, Roe, but I need to know that you're okay. I know you're traumatized, but we're engaged to be married. We should be planning our wedding, not your next visit to the shrink.

Anyway, I love you. Even though we live under the same roof, talking hasn't worked out for us lately, which is why I wrote you this letter. I figured maybe I'd finally get your attention this way.

Love forever,

Nick.

_______________________________________________________________

Rowan sized up the letter. Anger swelled, bubbled, and spread through her veins. Ripping it to shreds, she screamed curses and wadded the pieces together to form a ball. Into the waste basket it went. 

I can't let him do this to me again, she reminded herself over and over again. She wouldn't let him win this time.