Chapter 2

It was the day when I was moving to New York City. I was staring at my now empty room, the only thing in there was my naked bed and white nightstand, my room looked so much bigger without my stuff in there anymore. My dad was loading my stuff into his car which only consisted of 1 luggage, a backpack and my laptop, I was holding my phone and my airplane ticket. When we arrived at the airport my mom and dad hugged me so tight, that I think I would have a small bruise later on. we exchanged our sorrow goodbyes and promised each other to Skype everyday when I was in college. The whole ride on the plane to New York took a while, but I stalled time by listening to music. The captain's voice sounded through the plane, " ladies and gentlemen, we are now landed so please exit, taking your belongings with you." I took all of my things out of the plane and made my way to receive my luggage back. Once I had all of my belongings I called for a taxi to take me to NYSC. NYSC was better looking than I thought, it had tall brick buildings and a lot of places to walk, run,study, and relax. After I payed the taxi driver and got out I made my way towards the main office to get my dorm key and classes. There was a women behind the front desk that was about my moms age, who had red hair to her shoulders and was wearing a shirt that said NYSC, "Hi my name is Cassidy, how may I help you today?", "oh, my name is Mia Roberts and I need my classes and dorm number and key please?" She whispered Mia Roberts to herself while typing it in into the computer, "aha, here you go, your room, key and classes" she said as she placed everything on the counter in front of me. "thank you" I responded before walking out of the door. After 10 minutes of walking around campus I could not find the building to the dorms, I looked at the school map once again, trying to remember which way to go. I looked at my dorm room paper again when walking towards the direction I think I'm suppose to walk to when all of a sudden I bump into something really hard making be fall hard on my butt. "Ow, what kind of rock is in the middle of the sidewalk?" I said out loud to myself trying to pick up my papers off the floor. " I don't think it was a rock" an unknown person said while letting out a small chuckle. I stopped in my tracks and looked up, not knowing I bumped into a person instead. " Sorry, I wasn't looking, I could not find my dorm" I said shyly, not seeing the person face because of the bright sun. "It's fine" the person said while bending down to help me pick up my papers, now I could see the guy, he had brown hair that was straight and a little bit wavy, that was lighter in the sun, pulled to the side of his head. He had green eyes and thick brown long eye lashes. I notice that I was staring at him for a while and he was staring back, we were still crouched on the ground picking up my papers. "Here" he said while standing up and me doing the same."thanks" I said taking the papers from his hands. "do you need help finding your dorm? I can take you there if you like, I was just heading to my dorm", he said, " yeah sure, than.. wait" I stopped walking, " the boys and girls dorms are in the same building? TOGETHER?" I practically screamed. He laughed, " yeah, the school thinks that we are responsible enough for our own decisions and they want everybody to bond and stuff." "are the bathrooms separate?" I asked hoping that it is. "well duh, unless.." He wiggled his eyebrows. "SHUT UP" I told him and slapped him on his arm, he was laughing and you could see a little dimple forming on the side of his cheek . I don't know why I was so comfortable talking to this person, when I'm mostly speechless all the time. we were now in front of the dorm building that was the biggest building on campus, how did I even miss that, I screamed in my head. we went inside into the elevator when the silence was broken, " what's your name by the way?" He asked eyebrows slightly raised " Mia, yours?" I replied. "call me jack, some of my friends call me J, J dog, Jack O lantern, ja.."" ok I get it" laughing. he smiled at me the dimple forming in his cheeks again, his green eyes more lighter." whats your dorm number ?" "umm its room 123 right?" I said reading from the paper Cassidy gave me. "Ok, here we are then" he stopped in front of a door that read 123 in gold numbers, I took out my key and put it in the lock and twisted it. The room was hugggeeee, it had a twin size bed in the corner and a black drawer on the other side and a TV in front Of the window with the couch facing it. I stared at it shocked jack laughed at my expression " that's not the best part" he walked back into the hallway, walking into the dorm room across from mine, "I'm your dorm neighbor."