Zahra

I helped Violet into the spare dorm and calmed her down the best that I could. She wasn't completely with it yet, but was conscious enough to know something was wrong.

I didn't know how to tell her, and I didn't want to be the one to tell her. It's a terrible thing that happened and the best I can do right now is dodge her questions in a settle fashion. From the other room I heard Samuel and Xavier arguing. When Samuel walked into the room like that it scared me and I knew he was being controlled by both sadness and anger, and there was no telling what he would do. He's not himself, and he probably never will be whether he knows it or not.

I know I'm not been myself since I got separated from my family, and I am quite aware that I may never see them again. So I know what Samuels going through, but he's handling it different than I am. Maybe it's because he trusted us, and we betrayed him. Did we betray him? I mean really was it betrayal? Or was it a choice we had to make to save one of two lives?

I felt guilty about letting Saige die, but I already did all I could and I failed. How will Samuel ever forgive me? I doubt he ever will. If it was my sister would I have the guts to forgive them? I don't know, but I know it would be tough and it would take a lot of convincing.

I heard footsteps walk into the bedroom I unsheathed my sword and got ready to fight. Samuel is being controlled by the sadness his sister's death caused him, and he's unpredictable. I'm going to make sure either me or Xavier is watching Violet at all times till Samuel comes to his senses. Samuel is dangerously smart, and a black belt in martial arts I don't think I'm being to cautious right now. Xavier's head peaked in the door, "Zahra, how is she?" I gazed to Violet who had fallen back to sleep, "She's stable, and going to be fine. Xavier, she knows something's up, and I keep dodging her questions but one of us has to tell her sooner or later." Xavier shrugged, "I will, but not until she gets healthier." I nodded, "Okay, but how do we hide it from her in the meantime?" Xavier glanced at Violet who was starting to wake up. He walked out and had me follow. His voice was calm, "Just keep dodging the questions. If she finds out right now it could be bad, and she doesn't need that on her conscience right now."

As we starting walking back to Violets dorm the sound of Samuel's voice stopped us, "Where are you two going? Oh wait, I know, you're going to make sure Violet doesn't know that you two chose her over Saige." Xaver turned to him his eyes were full of sadness and guilt, "Samuel you know better than anyone that if Violet knew it would kill her, and especially right now." I resisted the urge to turn around as I continued towards Violets dorm. I still had my hand on the hilt of my sword. I planned how to defeat Samuel without hurting him to bad, but just enough to get him away. I hope it doesn't come to that I thought quietly to myself. Violet woke up, and mumbled, "Zahra? Where is everybody?" I peered out of the little crack in the door, and seen Xavier and Samuel talking, "They are in the living room." Violet stared at me, "Zahra, what going on? How's Saige?" I panicked, as I thought of ways to dodge her question. Violet pressed the question harder, "Zahra? What's going on?" I acted as if I didn't hear her, "Violet, I am going to get some water want some?" She didn't answer as she fixed her blanket.