5| Youll Have To Wait And See

"That's totally barbaric!"

~

~

The Next Day

We were walking with Hagrid as we tried to convince him that something is going on with Professor Snape.

"Nonsense! Why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?" he said skeptical.

"Who knows? Why was he trying to get past that three-headed dog?" I asked.

"Who told you about Fluffy?" Hagrid stopped to question us.

"Fluffy?"

"That thing has a name?" Ronald said in disbelief.

"Well of course he has a name. He's mine. I brought him off an irishman. I lent him to Dumbledore to guard thee--" he stopped suddenly trying to find the right words. questioning himself on what to say next.

"Yes?" asked Harry wanting him to continue.

"I shouldn't have said that. No more questions! that's top secret." he finished.

"But whatever Fluffy is guarding, Snape is trying to steal it." said Harry.

"Codswallop. Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher."

"Teacher or not, I know a spell when I see one. I've read all about them." spoke Hermione. "You've got to keep eye contact, and Snape wasn't blinking."

"He was also mumbling something." I joined Hermione.

"exactly." said Harry.

"Now you listen to me, all four of you." he breathed heavily. "You're meddling in things that ought not to be meddled in. its dangerous. what that dog is guarding is between Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel." he finished.

" Nicholas flamel, whos Nicholas Flamel?" I questioned.

"I shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that." he repeated as he walked away.

"Nicholas Flamel." Harry said again. "but whos Nicholas Flamel?" he asked quietly.

"I don't know..."Hermione mumbled.

-

Hogwarts Library

I sat in the library reading a book about Hogwarts history in search of hopefully finding something on Nicholas Flamel. It was beginning to get late and I had agreed to meet with Hermione and the guys before we left for break. I closed my book and began walking back over to the book shelves. as I put my book back I noticed Draco walking towards me with a bright smile on his face.

"Oh hello Malfoy, how are you doing?" I asked cheerful.

"I'm great, and you?" he seemed rather distant and suspicious.