Partners

My eyes widened in shock, recognizing the familiar deep husky voice. I slowly lifted my head to meet those gorgeous blue eyes of his. Luke was standing right in front of me with a playful smirk on his face. His eyes narrow as he lets out a low chuckle repeating himself once again. "This seat taken?" I had been too focused on his lips to even say anything. The way his lip ring hugged his lower lip with every slight movement is his lips made. Oh, how I just wanna bite your lip and tug. No. Dammit, Tristan. Shut your thoughts up and answer the lad.

"Uh, n-no it's not." I flush, leaning back up to set my binder on my desk. He simply nodded, tossing his black Jansport onto the ground next to his desk and took a seat. My heartbeat picked up out of nervousness and my lungs decided to stop functioning. Out of all the empty desks in the room he chose to sit next to me. I mean, the way he looked at me earlier shows he may have some interest in me, but who am I kidding? There are girls in just this room that are a hell of a lot prettier than I am. Maybe I've just got a long list of insecurities - I'm too tan, uncoordinated, too skinny, big-eyed, and scared up for him. And that's not even half of the list. But out of all the guys that I've liked or even dated, none of them, not one, had an effect on me like Luke Hemmings did.

"Need help on something?" His voice cooed and I realized I had been staring at him for the past couple minutes. C'mon. Get a grip, Tris.

"Er...no. I was just looking at the um, picture on the wall next to you." I murmur, pointing towards an absolutely irrelevant poster.

His lips curved into a smirk as he shook his head. "Great cover-up." He winked, his eyes returning to the paper that was now sitting on his desk. I mentally scolded myself, shaking my head noticing that I too, had a paper on my desk. I sighed, reading over the directions when I, once again, heard that low, husky voice catch my attention. "Be my partner for this."

My eyebrows furrowed as I looked up at Luke. His head cocked to the side, grinning wickedly, as if amused. "Is that a demand?" I smirked, pushing my bangs out of my eyes.

"Yeah. So we're partners." His eyes flash with an evil gleam and his lips curve into a wry smile. My jaw clenched trying to contain myself from all the descriptive thoughts going through my head. Wanting his lips pressed against mine, strolling down my neck. Letting him press his full pink lips all over my body. Stop! Just stop! I commanded myself. "Maybe we can work on this outside of school, hm?" He added.

I shrugged and ruffled my bangs back with a nod. "Sounds fine to me."

"Then let's get started. Shall we, Miss. Vega?"

Miss. Vega? I cocked an eyebrow and let out a slight laugh. "Sure...Mr. Hemmings."

----------------------------------------------------------

We worked in silence getting about a quarter of the project done. Occasionally, I peeked up at him to get a look at how incredibly sexy he looked when he was focused. He caught me a few times and either shot me a smirk or a wink, making my insides twist and turn. I've never wanted a guy so bad in my life. Every time he asked a question or just looked at me, I felt electricity run through my veins and up my spine, as if he was trailing his long fingers against my back.

"Tomorrow at my place." He commanded fixing his backpack on his shoulder. I bit my lip watching his every move, as his muscles flex with his movements. Nodding, I set my bag on my shoulder, stuffing my binder in at the same time. I tried hard not to be too clumsy and have everything spill out. "Here. Set your number in my phone and I'll get a hold of you tonight." He held out the iPhone towards me, his lips hinting a smile.

I flush and take the iPhone from his hand. My fingers barely grazing his, yet again, sending electricity through me. I held in a shaky breath, not wanting him to get a hint at how he affected me. Typing in my number and my name, I saved my contact to his phone and held it back out to him. "There you are. You now have my number." I smirked, "Congrats."

He let out a low chuckle and bit his lip, tugging on the lip ring. "Greatest award I've ever received... now breath."

Oh, shit no! He noticed. Way to pull a move, Tristan. I cleared my throat and did as I was told taking a long breath of air that I, for a good amount of time, had forgotten even existed. My cheeks turned to a shade of crimson, looking down. I peeked up at him through my bangs that had fallen down in front of my dark eyes noticing his lips had curved into a smirk.

"I'll text you." He winked. And with that, he was out of the classroom. He had said that like he wasn't going to see me for the rest of the day, which was pretty odd because we had one more class together. Maybe he was skipping or he just forgot. Perhaps he didn't even realize he had another class with me.